//part 21\\

//Baylee's pov\\

     I stroke Gray's hair as he lays his head on my lap, sniffling slightly. I start tracing his facial features with my finger to help him fall asleep. He turns to face me and I look down at him.

"It's going to be okay Gray. I promise," I whisper softly as I grab his hand and give it a light squeeze. He squeezes back. "Close your eyes," I say, continuing to trace his face. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath and relaxes into my lap. I eventually drift off to sleep.

I wake up and look at the time: 1:43 am. I gently shake awake Grayson who is still sound asleep on my lap, "Gray, love, let's get you home." I coo as he wakes up and rubs his eyes.

"I don't want to go to my house," he sniffles, "it reminds me too much of her."

"Okay, do you want to go back to my house? You can stay the night with me if you want." I say softly.

"Y-y-yeah," he looks at me and his eyes are big and puffy from crying. I help him stand up and lead him towards the elevator.

"Hey stay right here I'm going to see if Ethan wants to come too," I say letting go of Grayson's hand and walking back towards the hospital room. I open the door slightly and see Ethan sitting in the chair at the foot of her bed just staring. 

"Ethan, sweetie, I'm taking Grayson back to my house, do you want to come with?" I whisper. He snaps his head towards me.

"Get out." He snarls. 

I quickly shut the door and find Grayson back at the elevator. "He's not coming, is that alright?" Grayson nods his head. 

We get into my car and I start driving home. 

"Bay?" Grayson whispers.

"Yes?"

"Will she be okay..?" He trails off as tears fill his eyes.

"Grayson if I know your mom I know that she is a strong woman. One of the strongest women that I have ever met, she knows how to fight and she will get better. Everything will be okay." I grab his hand and squeeze it tight. He squeezes it back and rests his head against the seat back and falls asleep, never letting go of my hand.

I pull into my driveway and get out of my car and walk to Grayson's side and opening his door. "Gray wake up," I say pushing some hair out of his eyes. His chocolate eyes flutter open and he looks at me, "We're home. Let's get you inside." I unbuckle his seatbelt and he gets out of the car.

We get up to my room and I help him get his shirt off and get into my bed. He gets in and I pull the covers around him.

"This bed smells like you," Grayson says with a little smile on his face, "I like the way you smell."

"Thank you, now get some rest. I'm going to sleep on the floor so if you need anything just wake me up." I say as I run my hand through his hair. I pull away and start to head out the door when he grabs my hand.

"Will you, uh, stay with me for a little?" He asks shyly. 

"Of course," I say and I sit on the bed. He scoots over and opens up the covers for me.

"Like, uh, with with me?" He is still holding up the covers for me. I get in next to him and he snuggles up close to me. I lay on my back as he puts his head on my chest, wrapping his arms around me. I rub his back gently and I can feel his breathing, so calm, almost comforting.

"I wish you were mine," he says softly as he lets out a deep breath. I kiss the top of his head gently and I feel his arms tighten around me as if I was going to be pulled away by someone else. "I would never let you go." He says into my neck.

"Don't let me go," I whisper.

I wish it was you.  

--------------------------------------------- a/n

guys omg i am so sorry this took forever but i think i'm back (: ily all & i hope you enjoyed !!