I'm Coming Home

-Listen to I'm coming home the song without the rap while reading this

We are all getting off the plane, happy to be on American soil again. Our combat boots making an echo in the empty airport. Some soldiers are smiling like there is no tomorrow, others have tears of joy streaming down there face. Me, I do neither. Yes I am happy to be out of Afghanistan, but don't have much to look forward to. I won't be greeted by my family once I exit the O'Hare Airport, my entire family is dead. My mother, my father, and Caleb, all gone. All I have waiting for me is a year in high school. If I want to move up the ranks I must attend another year of education. Great right. A year full of parties, sluts, and a bunch of spoiled brats that don't know shit.

Although I have nothing to look forward to I don't want to ruin this for those who do. I am at the exit doors. Behind the door I can hear babies crying and families talking loudly. I wait for my soldiers to gather around. I call the my soldiers because I am in charge of them. In this entire group of seventy five soldiers I'm the only girl. Once they all surround the non see through doors I start to speak loudly. "I just wanted to let you know that you guys have done me proud, your family proud, and our country proud." All of them, even the ones in the back sault me, and as a sign of respect I sault back.

I push open the two doors behind me. It feels as though everything is in slow motion. To my right I see Nick hold his newborn child for the first time. To my left is Rick hugging his proud looking father. They both have tears coming from their chocolate brown eyes rolling down their cheeks. Before joining the army Rick was a confused boy. Making poor choices left and right, having fights with his father. But know when I see Rick, I see a confident, selfless, and changed man.

After I get around the families I haul a taxi. "62 Angel Road please" I tell the Taxi driver in a quite voice. I look out the window as the care move, and watch the Chicago city lights flash bye. Their are not that many people out considering that it is six O'clock. After an hour car ride we pull up to my new house. Although I am only sixteen I can still afford a house because after my parents died I inherited the money. Also I get paid for my job in the army. Before I get out of the taxi, the taxi driver sticks his hand out for me to shake. I take my calloused(Don't know if that's right) hand and shake his hand firmly.

"Thank you for serving our country" he says in a raspy voice. You would be surprised of how many times this happens. But when it does happen it gives me pride to wear this uniform.

At the moment I'm sitting all alone surrounded by four boxes. Just those four boxes hold all my belongings. I don't really need many clothes because I have been ordered to wear my uniform almost all the time. I don't mind though, as you can all ready guess I am not a girly girl. I let out a big sigh and start opening the boxes.

I lay in bed for hours trying to keep my mind blank, and not wish about things that I know will never come true.

-sorry for the short chapter please leave a comment or anything. maybe If you come up with a character I could put u in the story just please comment and vote

~It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.