Another Brother Dead

"Okay this is our last bathroom I promise" I say.

"Thank god" he replies with a little laugh. We get our guns up, ready for anything. I give Mathew the signal to open the door. We look around for a little.

I kick open the first stall. Nobody. Mathew kicks open the second. Nobody. I go up to the last stall take a deep breath. I kick the door and hell breaks loose. The sound of bullets buzzing around is all around.

The small battle has moved to the hallway. All five are still alive. Two are shot in the leg. Mathew and I hide behind the corner, trying to get a good shot, but there is smoke everywhere. Suddenly the shoots stop. We can't let them get away. I give the signal to advanced. We go through the smoke side by side, with our guns up. All the sudden I am in a head lock with a gun barrel against my right temple. "Let us go or she dies" the man says in a creepy voice.

"Don't do it. Don't let them go. Let them kill me" I plead.

"No! I am not leaving you. I don't care about them" he shouts with tears in his eyes.

"Let us leave safe and sound" the creepy accent voice says.

"No" Mathew shouts again. The man shouts me in the leg. I let out a little yelp.

"Let me try ag..." he gets interrupted by Mathew shooting him in the middle of his forehead.

"Come on lets go" Mathew shouts.

"But there are still more." Right after I finish a shot is fired and it hits Mathew in the stomach. I rush to where he is laying down clutching his stomach. Shots are being fired still. I look up at the four men still shouting. I glare at them while I shoot each one in the head. I drop my gun by Mathew and put my hands on his stomach trying to stop the bleeding. I rip of the bottom of my shirt and try it around his stomach. "Matthew this is going to hurt, but I need you to stay with me okay." I picked him up holding onto his right arm and leg and the rest of his body on my back(look at the picture.)

I walk to the front entrance which is where I am guessing the paramedics are. I limp through the hallway with my leg now covered in blood. I hear him groan. "come on hang in there. We are almost there. Pull through" I shout at him. "You have to" I whisper to my self. "Don't you dare close your eyes. Be brave. You have people to live for. You got family."

I am outside now. People start to notice us. The medics come rushing towards us. One soldier helps me out and takes Mathew. They keep asking about me and I am getting annoyed. "I am fine just help him I say pointing to Mathew" I shout at them. Yes I am hurt but I want all their attention on him. I can take the pain.

I hop into the ambulance the Mathew is now in. Without anyone looking I steal a rap and wrap my leg with to try to minimize the bleeding. I hold his hand as we leave for the hospital. I whisper in his ear trying to get him to stay awake. "Come on stay awake. You still have much more to live for. Get married, have kids, grandkids, grow old. You just got to stay awake."

I am know standing behind the glass looking at surgery on Mathew take place. The doctors look so calm, like they have done it a million times. I just keep looking at the heart monitor, relief washing over me every time it beeps. After an hour of surgery they are still in there. I have not moved an inch. All the sudden the heart monitor starts beeping like crazy. I close my eyes. All I hear is the doctor saying clear and the heart monitor. Beep, beep, beep... (I do this thing where I only allow myself five seconds od weakness)

One...

Two...

Three...

Four... I punch the wall next to me leaving a dent while making a growl of anger.

Five.... A single tear slides down my face.

~Brotherhood. It is something your fraternity 'brothers will never understand