A Wish

-this goes out to the people who voted and commented, thank you. this is now in Tris Prov

I did not get any sleep. After not sleeping on a mattress for so long in Afghanistan it feels like I am going to fall right through, the mattress is so soft. My alarm clock finally goes off even though I am already awake. I look at the clock to my right, it is 0500(5 am.) I get up to take a shower. I let the cold water run down my body and wake me up. It feels nice to have clean water cover my body. I wrap myself in my towel once I am done. My wet dirty blonde hair is in a tight bun before I start to get changed into my camouflage uniform with my red 'hat.' I put on my combat boots and tie the laces as tight as I can. Before I leave I make my bed, tucking in the sheets making the corners look sharp. Old habits die hard.

Once I am outside I start walking to the car dealership closest. The walk doesn't seems that long considering that I all the long marches I did. I drive out of the car dealer with a black ford F150. I drive to the nearest mall because I need some house appliances. After I finish buying and bringing everything to my truck, I decide to get lunch at the a café in the mall.

I am seated at the Dauntless café right now waiting for my food. I get this feeling like I am being watch. I turn my head towards the window pretending to be daydreaming. Using my peripheral vision I notice four teenage boys sitting a couple table, looking at me. I think nothing of it, I am wearing a army uniform. A waiter brings me my food. My mouth is watering. When I take my first bite I am in love, I haven't had this good of food in ages. As I am devouring my food I notice a tall dark skin man in army uniform(The formal one). Right away I know it is Rick because of the way he walk. I know it is weird, but I just pick up on these kind of things. Rick walks up to the table with the teenagers, which now consist of eight teenagers. When I look at the group I spot two boys who look a lot like Rick. It must be his brothers, I remember and I quote him saying 'my two idiot brother.' The faces of the two boys are priceless when they realize that it is their older brother. They both have pure joy and happiness written across their faces. I would like to think that I am looking away because I don't want to intrude on their family reunion. But I know that it is because I wish I had a family to love. And most of all love me back.

After a couple minutes of just staring at my food trying not to think about anymore wishes, I feel an person approaching me. When I look up I see Rick. "Six" he says while saluting me.

"Pedrad" I say saluting back.

"Permission to speak"

"Permission granted" I say with a little smile.

"What are you doing around in here" he ask referring to being in a mall and not in a office.

"I have to go to Roth High School to get another year of education so I can move up in the ranks. Are those your to 'idiot brothers' back there." He nods his head a little with a smile on his face.

"Yeah well I am luckier than you" he says with a little chuckle.

"And why is that" I ask with on eyebrow raised a small laugh at the end.

"Because I will only have to see them at night, you have to see them seven hours a day."

"Got me there. You should probably get back to your brothers. I will see you later Pedrad." After they leave and I pay my check I start heading home myself.

When I get to my house I notice something going on at the house to my left. I squint my eyes trying to see better. What I see is the same group of teenagers form the café and Rick. Great. What are the chances? I see Rick ring the doorbell and everyone running away. When the door opens a woman, maybe his mom appears. Once she sees that no one is there she rolls her eyes and shuts the door. Rick and everyone else come out from there hiding places, and ring the door bell again, only this time they don't hide. They all wait with smiles on their faces and Rick in the front. The door opens again with the woman. It takes her a couple seconds before she is crying and hugging her son. I can see the in the woman's eyes that her biggest wish came true today. Her son is home safe.