The Hogwarts Express

Time flew by and summer was over before I knew it. I was awoken that day by my mums screams, "Everybody Up! UP! You are going to Hogwarts!" With that I leaped out of bed as I was immensely looking forward to the coming year. Hogwarts was like a second home to me, where I could see friends, learn, have fun and lots, lots more. That's the thing about Hogwarts, the fun never stops! 

And.... There it was. The ruby red train ready to take us to a place of magic and mischief.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Bang! Bang! The whistle blows thats the sound of them singing. Ding! Ding! The bells will ring, jolly look at them go!" Emily sang  the top of her voice as if she was afraid that someone in Australia wouldn't hear here. Gosh, that girl was loud. I rolled my eyes, a habit which I had acquired from a young girl and also one that was hard to suppress as I had the wackiest friends in the entire school of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.  I was not familiar with the tune but I figured it was from a muggle film or something (A/N: It is Polar Express, it is a christmas movie but it is a train so I figured it would work?) because Emily is muggle-born therefore she would be accustomed to using such muggle devices and forms of entertainment. 

I had met Emily five years ago when I had first boarded the Hogwarts Express and ever since we have been inseparable, the best of friends. Today her long flowing jet black hair was wild around her shoulders as she flicked and flaunted it subconsciously as she spoke. Her skin was clear and pale like that of a porcelain doll, and her face was flawless with no aid of make-up, she just didn't need it. Her eyes were vivid and blue making her face come alive with radiance, these were the most impressive feature on her face. 

"Emily, would you please shut up!" I exclaimed as her constant babble and karaoke was beginning to get on my nerves, "Can we please just have a normal conversation for once in your life?" 

"Excuse Me!", she pulled her hand to her chest dramatically, pretending to be hurt by my abrupt attitude but I knew she would not hold a grudge, "I happen to think, that I am an amazing singer!"

"Well, I'm afraid you are the only one!" I grinned, making sure she knew that I meant nothing by my teasing. This was the kind of relationship we have, teasing and joking but always their to be the helping hand in the others time of need. 

"And the abuse continues! What is it bully Emily day?" Laughing we resumed talking about the summer - small talk, a pleasurable chat but not too challenging  nor engaging for the brain - when a familiar face appeared at the door to our compartment.

"Alex Redford!" Emily shrieked, launching herself at the poor girl, who had entered the school last year and instantly morphed into our friendship group before any of us were really aware of it. Yet we were just as good friends, as Emily and I. Alex had eye-catching blonde hair, all natural, that was swept back into an elegant bun, much more sophisticated then mine and Emily's but that is just the way that Alex was. She had a very skinny build and was a complete girly-girl although didn't act silly like other girls in my year, or in the year above for that matter, hem *Lavender Brown* hem.  Alex acted as the calming influence and peace keeper in our friendship, but we never truly fall out, we only tease and joke with each other really. 

"I don't get you sometimes Ginevra, you are obviously in love with Harry Potter, yet you are dating that complete idiot, Dean Thomas!" Emily said exasperated, "Can't Hinny just be real!" I rolled my eyes at her, of course 'Hinny' as she put it could never be a thing Harry just didn't like me like that and anyway I've moved on, can't you tell? 

"You can't do that Ginny, it's not fair on Dean, I'm afraid!" That was Alex, always thinking of everyone. "I know Hermione told you to relax and date others, but this can't go on forever." The problem with this debate is that I knew she was right, eventually I would have to either admit my feelings for Harry or just continue my life wondering what could have been, if only I had the confidence to speak my heart. I just could not afford to think like that at the minute. The only thing I could do was hold onto the hope that that silver lining which I was desperately searching for would just be around the corner. Speaking of Dean, he opened the compartment and dragged me out with him!

"De-" I was cut of mid exclamation by him slamming his lips to mine. Don't get me wrong, hes not the worst kisser ever, but come on, not even a word or a How are you? How was your summer?, you know like normal couples. We never actually talk probably, and when we do he does not listen to me as attentively as I would like.  I know no relationship is perfect but come on, this was awful. Suddenly we were physically pulled about by no other than my dearest brother, Ronald!

"You complete ARSE, Ronald Bilius Weasley. How Dare You! Dean is my boyfriend and you have no right to do that. If I want to kiss my boyfriend then I am allowed to do so, so why don't you get that into your THICK HEAD! Say, you were kissing .....Hermione would I do that to you. No and you know it!" I shouted, appalled that my brother would do such a thing. Huffing, a small tinge of red appeared on his cheeks at the idea of kissing Hermione and that made me feel hugely satisfied. 

"Thanks for backing me up, Dean." I snarled, prowling back into the compartment and to my friends. Wow, we had not even arrived at Hogwarts yet and the drama had already began. 

A/N: So, Ron is just being Ron. But obviously Ginny is not happy with Dean, but Harry is being very blind to her feelings. What do you think of this part?  Is this an okay length as I am not sure how long to do this parts? Too long?