An 'I love you' and Another Little Book

Over the next day, I was greatly anticipating the quidditch notice and therefore began to, probably obsessively so, have regular checks on the notice board so that I could be one of the first to know whether or not I had made the team. Although Harry had specifically said evening, by lunchtime I was truly stressing which meant that I wanted to ask Harry as soon as I saw him. After a gruelling lesson with Professor McGonagall, where we had yet another lecture about how important this year was for the rest of our lives and then went on to attempt an equally as harrowing switching spell, however my mind was occupied by the much more pressing matter of the pending revelation of the Gryffindor Quidditch team for this year. I headed towards the Great Hall ready to badger Harry and eat some of the glorious food Hogwarts had to offer.

As I had predicted, making my way to the Gryffindor table I began to drool, disgustingly enough, over the piled high plates littering the long-length of the table all containing a mixture of sandwiches, different platters and any food you could ask for, from chicken legs to mini quiches. My stomach grumbled as I sat down, one eye on the food I was eating and the other on the door awaiting the arrival of Harry, Ron and Hermione who would more than likely accompany him. Eventually, I had sampled a bit of every food on the table and sat anxiously tapping my foot quicker and quicker whilst getting some funny looks from students sat nearby. Oh, COME ON! What were they doing?

And that was when the grand, golden Great Hall door opened once again to reveal just the people I wanted to see. Unfortunately, the seats surrounding me were all full so I had to politely but forcefully make them move. Obviously I did it in the nicest way possible but that did not stop them for sending some annoyed retorts in my direction as they resumed their eating further down the table, leaving three spaces for Harry, Ron and Hermione. They sat down.

"Sooo..... Harry, have you decided on the team then?" I pounced as casually as possible as soon as their bottoms have touched the bench. I could tell however that my attempt at casual had gone amiss as Harry had a smirk on his face as he opened his mouth to answer but Hermione bet him too it.

"Harry's not going to tell you, are you Harry? Because that would be unfair on the others and Harry has to stay unbiased in the decision process." Wow, way to be a Debbie-downer. Harry and Ron looked just as stumped as I felt as Hermione was always the one to give the speeches on equality and hard-work. Well, that was it for that plan, I would just have to wait for the bulletin notice and in the meantime enjoy the pleasantries of small talk as they finished eating and headed towards the next lesson.

Safe to say the day went excruciatingly slowly from then onwards but soon the time came and I was bursting will both excitement at the prospect of actually being on the Quidditch Team and the anxiety of whether or not I had made the squad. Pacing the dormitory, Emily and Alex followed me with their eyes adding in the odd protest, awaiting the results. After about half an hour of it, with Alex becoming more and more annoyed Hermione poked her head around the door to tell me that the results were in fact in.......

Keeper:

Ron Weasley

Chasers:

Ginny Weasley, Katie Bell, Demelza Robins

Beaters:

Jimmy Peakes, Ritchie Coote

Harry Potter, the Captain, will be resuming his previous position of Seeker and if you have any queries about the team then please see him.

AHHHHH! The excitement bubbled in my chest like a potion, rising up out of the cauldron and exploding out of me as I ran towards Harry who had just stepped away from the notice board and threw my arms around his neck. Without, even thinking about it I hugged him. This was what I had been waiting for ever since my brothers came to Hogwarts and began to play the wizard sport. Little did they know their little sister had been smuggling their broomsticks for years and building up skill and momentum to this moment. It was the start of a new challenge and I could not wait - bring on slytherin because this year would be the year the gryffindor finally won the house cup.