Slug and Blood

After my little run-in with Ronald, dearest, I stormed back to the compartment, still seething at my imbecile of a brother. I would hate it if some poor soul unwillingly crossed my path and would more than likely feel my rath. I had lots of pent up anger over my git of a brother. I don't understand him at all! Oh wait, he's just jealous because he's never had a girlfriend in his life, did he have to be so desperate. Maybe if he and Hermione got together he would leave the rest of us alone, the peace would be magical. I really need to speak to that girl. Hermione is already like a sister to me and I know she would put Ron in his place. Good luck to her, thats all I can say!

Absorbed in my thoughts, unfortunately for him I did not see the Hufflepuff, bigheaded, know-it-all, Zacharias Smith, saunter down the corridor obnoxiously. Eyes on my thoughts I charged onwards and ran straight into him.
"Watch where you going Ginger," he scorned, "Can't you see where your going. Oh wait, your so poor you probably can't even afford glasses!" Him and his so-called, stupid friends all laughed mercilessly at my obvious embarrassment. How dare he, I was not in the mood for his taunts today, not after rat.

My patience was wearing thin as I listened to their malicious jokes and ignorance to their own imperfections. That's when I decided I could put up with it no longer. The Bat Bogey Hex rolled of my tongue before Smith or any of his cronies knew what had hit them! A huge swarm of gloopy, green bogies attacked my victims and left them running. But they could not escape the wrath of Ginny Weasley, oh no, they ran and ran, like sprinters doing laps of the train. There was no avoiding the bogies as they viciously continued their assault on the cocky gang. Nosy students, stuck their heads out of doors to find the cause of the commotion and upon seeing the boys burst out in hysterical laughter, some reduced to tears of happy joy. It was about time that Zacharias was knocked down a peg or two.

"Gosh, I didn't know you had it in you Gin!" Harry being one of those nosy parkers, said. Gin; my heart fluttered at the nickname that only Harry calls me. 

However all the attention brought that of the professeurs. Namely, Professor Slughorn, who although I had never met, I had heard a lot about due to Harry's surprising adventure with Professor Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts. Gosh, here we go! Can I get points for the house deducted before we have even set foot in the school? Surely, that will be a new record but I'm sure Fred and George would be proud. 

Fred and George are the trickster twins of my family and even departed the school before the end of their education in order to follow their ambition of owning a Joke Shop. Out of all my brothers I am probably closest to Bill and least to Percy, the idiot who despite knowing that Dad was right, will not swallow his pride and apologize. But, what's family without drama? In times like this though, we need to stick together. 

"That was the best Bat-Bogey Hex I've ever seen!" Slughorn gushed, praising me instead of the usual scolding which you would expect from a teacher. Apparently the surprises were set to continue as instead of forcefully inviting her to detention, this particular invitation turned out to be a reformed 'Slug Club'. This club was around when my Mum went to Hogwarts, as Slughorn had also been a teacher then, but my mum didn't go as only the pupils with famous backgrounds were invited, hence why I was surprised to get an invite. 

"Yes sir, Gin is quite famous for her fabulous Charms skills. I can tell you, I never hope to be on the receiving end of a Bat-Bogey Hex!" 

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that." I replied smirking.

Slughorns head was swishing between us like a nodding dog, obviously aware of the moment we had just shared. I politely fled back to the compartment and sat in a contemplating silence  until we reached hogwarts. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed a solitary compartment, with the blinds drawn further down the train but discarded it as a first-year prank as I made my way towards the carriages which would take us to the school. Usually, these were pulled just with an essence of magic, however this year it seemed that they had instituted some weird creature to pull them.  The skeletons were all made of bone and were not pleasing to the eye, as the darkness almost swallowed them and their deep blue cloaks. Long, thick legs, brought the animals legs to the ground and made it look very hard-wearing although not so friendly. Despite this, I reached my hand up, having the desire to touch the unusual creature, however before my head had reached the creature's neck I was interrupted.