Christmas at The Burrow

Hogwarts would always be a second home, however Christmas was the best spent at the Burrow. Its safe to say Mum never failed to go all out, astounding us with the array of decorations and delicious meals that she set out all week long when we all got together, not to mention the actual meal itself. Travelling back on the train, seemed to last a lifetime and it wasn't exactly an enjoyable affair either, as Hermione, although trying to hide it, was clearly wallowing in self-pity over Ron and Lavender's relationship.  It was sweet really, but Hermione was being slightly annoying. 

It wasn't until we were about half-way through the journey when her discomfort came blatantly obvious. Hermione had left in the hope of going to speak to both Harry and Ron, however returned to the compartment a few minutes later with a sour expression on her face which put even that of Umbridge to shame. She muttered, inaudibly as she threw herself into the spare seat, crossing her arms and not speaking for the rest of way home. Undoubtedly, she would not be coming to the Burrow this Christmas. 

"Merry Christmas Hermione! We'll talk when we get back!" I shouted as we unloaded train at King's Cross Station. 

At the station, I walked over to Mum and Bill and we were soon joined by Ron and a disgruntled looking Harry. 

"That bad, huh?" I asked. 

"Worse" 

I couldn't blame him to be honest, they were very clearly acting like love-sick teenagers. Ron was just too dumb to even comprehend his own feelings. Mum beckoned us towards the magical wall, and we ran at it one by one.

******

I headed into the kitchen where I knew Ron and Harry were hiding out. They were both stood at the sink, washing the plates from lunch, deep in conversation, however when I entered the talking abruptly stopped which I knew was for my benefit and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. There always seemed to be some sort of mystery going on, especially with those three. I guess, I got my part last year in the Department of Mysteries, but I knew I would help in the war - if it came to that, that is. The possibility was so likely that I couldn't even think about it. I pushed the thoughts to the back of my mind, it was Christmas after all and Christmas is no time for such negative thoughts so instead I would focus on spending the occasion with the people I loved. 

"Don't stop on my account" I said, gesturing them to continue as I made my way over to the fridge.

"It doesn't matter, we've finished now." Harry glared after Ron as he left the room, obviously he did not agree, but grudgingly followed him nevertheless. Grabbing, what I wanted from the fridge I followed suit. 

"Ginny's going to love that." Fred said as I turned the corner and entered the room.

"I'm going to love what?"

It turned out Fleur would be staying in my room for the Christmas break. Who said all you christmases don't come at once? This was a disaster. This Christmas was slowly going from bad to worse and still I had no control of who stayed in my room. If only Hermione was here and then she would be staying in my room instead. We didn't mind sharing together, in fact it was good to have someone to talk to, specifically about my feelings for Harry and boys in general. A subject that would never, never in a million years, be discussed with brothers. They were bad enough with the whole teasing thing as it is. 

I stomped up the stairs, making as much noise as possible so it would be known that I was far from happy with the living arrangements. But yet it made no difference. I slumped into bed and went to sleep. 

Christmas morning couldn't come quick enough. 

It was relatively early when I woke up the next morning. I closed my eyes again to savour the last bit of sleep I could before I realised that it was infact Christmas Day! I sat bolt upright looking at the end of my bed for presents. It was a tradition in the wizarding world to place presents at the end of the person's bed, so they could open them at their own free will, which to me was right away. I opened the silvery packaging first and found inside the annual weasley jumper. This year, unlike the usual G which normally adorned a grey jumper, the main image was a quaffle, to celebrate my position on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team. It was a lovely sentiment, so I pulled the jumper straight over my head, not minding in the slightest that I was still in my pyjamas. 

Next I opened the present I received from Hermione, inside was an assortment of sweets, including Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans, Chocolate Frogs and Cauldron Cakes. I would have to make sure I kept them away from Ron, the book however, on the topic of Charming Wizards, I would have no problem in keeping away from him. Finally, after opening the presents from my family, I opened Harry's which I had purposely left until last. Inside was a brand new pair of Chaser gloves. These gloves in particular mean't a lot, as I had pointed them out to Harry a few weeks ago in the Quidditch Catalogue so it filled with happiness that he had actually thought about the gift he was giving me. I hoped he liked the gift I got for him, though I wasn't sure what to get him at first I was quite pleased with the Broom Repair Kit that I had picked out in the end. Not too special, but I knew it would get a lot of use, what with the House Cup at Hogwarts. 

Taking the stairs two at a time, I bounded down the stairs to say Merry Christmas to my family. Not many of my siblings were up yet as only Bill was sat at the table, my mum bustling around the stove, flipping pancakes with her wand, while setting the eggs cracking into a separate pan. Muttering my good mornings I sat down, wide-awake, as soon as my brothers got down we came down Christmas could really begin. Slowly, one by one, the Weasley family all slumped down the stairs, with black bags under their eyes from the night before, and all wearing their signature sweater. Though it seemed that mum had missed out on getting Fleur one. Shame. 

"Harry, you've got a maggot in your hair." I said, having no idea where it came from. I reached across the table to pick it out. My fingertips brushed his neck and I felt him quiver at my touch. Quickly grabbing the maggot and throwing it away, I pulled back but not before a distinct red tinge appeared on both mine and Harry's cheeks. I turned away from Harry, jumping up to hide my embarrassment as I headed over to the sink to wash my hands. It was a maggot after all. 

Christmas morning turned out to be a pleasurable few hours in the Weasley household but it was later that the day turned particularly dismal. We all sat down to enjoy a lavish christmas dinner, one of the finest meals Molly Weasley had ever put together. It was whilst everyone was dishing up their plates when mum said three words, that stopped everyone in their tracks. 

"Arthur - It's Percy!"

A/N: Sorry for not updating in a while, but anyway..... This chapter isn't finished yet but I wanted to publish it as I know I haven't updated this story in a while. It will be finished over the next few days so don't worry.

Don't forget to vote and comment. 

Disclaimer I do not own any of the characters or setting in this story. All right to J KRowling.