Potions of Love

A/N: In this part I will be flitting between Ginny and Harry's points of view, but I will put at the top! Starting with Ginny:

After a wonderful meal and feast, despite the awkward behaviour of both Harry and I, Emily, Alex and I retired straight to our dorm as we were exhausted from our day of travel and the added load of a huge meal, which we had openly eaten that evening. Not staying for long in the common room, we all said goodnight and headed straight to sleep. Until tomorrow....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During Breakfast the next day all resumed to normal, any tension from the previous evening had now depleted to nothing as we started to be swept away in the hustle and bustle of school life. Its hard to believe it was just yesterday I was waking up in my cosy bedroom back at the Burrow with all my brothers and Harry, but now it was time to learn as I have my O.W.L.S. These stand for Ordinary Wizarding Levels and would be important to establish what kind of career I wanted as a witch.

Today's lessons were as followed: Charms, Transfiguration, Divination, DADA and finally Herbology. It was going to be a long day, however Charms has always been a favourite subject of mine hence how I am famous for my legendary Bat-Bogey Hex as Zacharias Smith is now all too familiar with. All the classrooms are different in Hogwarts, as the variation in subjects is very extreme - stretching as far as seeing the future, and transfiguring a hedgehog into a pincushion. Professor Flitwick, head of Ravenclaw house, had decorated his room with a large pile at the front of the room, to extend his extraordinarly small height. Though he is a small wizard he is still as powerful as Professor Sprout or McGonagall, and happens to be one of my favourites.

The majority the lesson today however, much to my disappointment, was taken up by the lecture of our coming O.W.L's, even resorting to the cliche phrases like "Believe you can and your half-way there!". I think thats taking it a step too far and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the professor I usually had a lot more respect for. To finish the class we reviewed the Banishing and Summoning charm, accio, which we had all seen Harry use in the Triwizard Tournament when he battled the dragon. That had been very eventful and I don't think I could have done anywhere near as well as he did, in those kind of circumstances.

"Well done, Miss Weasley, 10 points to Gryffindor!"

Harry's P.O.V

Stood on a bench, Ron and I watched as swarms of students pushed and shoved down the corridor trying to get to their respective lessons, whereas Ron and I had a free period and therefore would be left to do as we please or 'study', although as this was the first lesson on the very first day of school that was not very likely. Nor would it be for the rest of the year, more than likely. Professor McGonagall obviously knew us well, as she called me down from our perch.

"I was under the impression, Potter, that you had the ambition of becoming an Auror?"
"Yes Professor, but I can't continue with Potions as I did not do well enough in my OWLs." I replied.

However, it soon came to light that I could in fact continue studying the 'art of potion making' because Slughorn is more lenient than the rules of Snape. At least this way I am one step closer to becoming an Auror. Spending a lot of my years so far working against the dark arts, even if not intentionally, had ignited my need to fight and repel against the forces bringing darkness to the world. Seeing, good people like Tonks and Mad-Eye has made me want to be like them and Potions would help do just that.

Approaching the classroom with Ron, Professor McGonagall had forced him to come along as well, which he wasn't too happy about, we soon realised that we were missing a vital piece of equipment we would need throughout the year: a textbook. We were unaware we were studying the subject and therefore had not bought the required book in Flourish and Blotts, but upon explaining the situation to Professor Slughorn, he let us borrow school books until we had chance to purchase our own.