Her Hope

"I don't believe I had ever slept so peacefully before.

I hadn't expected to be able to, believing that my fear of Henry coming for Rosetta would be enough to keep me on edge, but as soon as my head had touched the pillow I felt consciousness slipping away.

I had no dreams that night, which was odd for me. When I woke, I realized it was because my biggest dream laid beside me. There was nothing else I could ever hope for in life with Rosetta forever by my side.

As I woke, I saw the back of her head. She had her back to me, hair draped across her shoulder and her pillow. The blankets were pulled up to her neck, her body completely curled up beneath the covers.

I couldn't help but smile as I saw her. I reached out and carefully moved some of her hair off of her face, leaving it at that. I got out of the bed and began to stretch, keeping my gaze focused on the window.

I was anxious to see my father. I would need to thank him the very moment I saw him. He had blessed me with a woman that had taken the anger out of me. Perhaps Rosetta had a power, one where she could hypnotize any man she wanted to fall to their knees and beg her to be with them and them alone. Maybe that was how she had managed to break my wall I had spent hours, if not years, putting up within seconds.

I was thankful that Rosetta was far too kind to do something like that.

I was anxious to show Rosetta her new home, to give her a tour of the entire mansion and to finally bestow her freedom upon her. In our home, she'd be able to wander as she pleased. I couldn't wait to see the person that blossomed from her once she was away from the horrors of Invea.

'Vladimir?' My voice tumbled gracefully off her mouth.

I turned my head back towards her, smiling as I saw she was now looking at me. 'Yes?' I had changed into nightwear around the time she had. I began gathering my clothes for the rest of my day.

Rosetta's tired face returned the smile as she relaxed into the pillow. 'You're here.' Relief had flooded her expression as she began to relax again. 'I was afraid you were of a dream I had created.'

'I'm glad it isn't a dream.' I stated as I turned my back to her, beginning to change. I had seen her down to her undergarments, it was only fair she saw the same.

When she had gotten out of the bed, she neatly pulled the covers until they were wrinkle free. Rosetta headed to her closet, carefully looking over the few gowns that were inside. Her hand began reaching for a corset that hung up as well as one of the larger dresses inside.

'Are you sure?' I spoke up, unable to keep the smile from my face. 'The journey to Transylvania is long.' I reminded, wondering if she had ever traveled outside of Invea before. Each moment with her, I realized we were more alike than we had first seen.

She paused, holding the fancy fabric in her hands. 'What else would I wear?' There wasn't much difference between that gown and the others in the closet.

I shrugged. 'I can go grab you one from the room we were in yesterday.' I didn't mind. As the features lit up on her face, I knew it was a yes. My smile widened as I saw her put the dress back, delighted to see that she was beginning to break through.

My Rosetta would grow into the person she was always meant to be in hardly any time at all.

Over the next hour, we slowly got around.

I had traveled down to her dressing room, picking what I thought appeared to be the most comfortable out of everything. It was entirely plain, all colored a pastel green with white decorative lace around it. It was far lighter than any of the others felt.