Back but not the same

When the girls passed the sign with "Welcome to North Carolina" on it, there was a collective sigh of relief.

What would  have made them more excited, would be the presence of their raven haired leader. They've heard nothing from Lauren since Georgia, and it had been two days leaving them on edge.

Normani had been speeding down the high way of North Carolina, when she suddenly slowed for a random detour blockade, leaving the only available route, a dirt back road. They had been surrounded by forest for hours, and this was the first bump in the road.

Demi didn't like it.

She had a bad feeling, and it only got stronger the deeper into the forest they went.

Deciding to follow her gut she decided to have Mani stop, only to panic when she realized her psychic abilities weren't working. She reached over and smacked the mustang and motioned Mani to stop.

Mani rolled down her window, assuming it was a bathroom break, when she heard Demi shout, "Pop the trunk and get out."

The girls scrambled out as they saw a frantic Demi pulling out the bag her and Lauren kept for emergencies.

"Mani carry water, Dinah carry food, Mila get the first aid kit. We gotta go now, the detour was a trap." ordered Demi quickly.

They quickly grabbed what they could, and followed the jogging Demi, abandoning their only transportation.

"Why can't we go back the way we came?" asked Ally out of breath.

"Because I'd bet my life they've got men by the blockade by now. Our best chance is tying to lose them in the forest and wait for Lo." answered Demi.

"It's been two days Demi...." said Dinah hesitantly.

"Lo has never let me down, she wont start now. Have faith in her." said Demi with a air of finality.

"Trust with your heart not with your eyes guys. That's what she told us. We owe it to her to trust that she made it." said Camila.

They had been jogging for a half hour, when Demi got a sick feeling in her stomach. She motioned for them to stop and stay silent. Closing her eyes, she listened for unwanted noise, when she was met with silence.

Something was seriously wrong.

They were in large forest, and silence is something that should never be heard. There were no animal noises, no birds.

Her eyes flashed open as she yelled, "Run!!"

The girls took off as a tree adjacent to them exploded, knocking them off their feet.

Stumbling up as best as they could, they ran for their lives. Demi whipped around to see at least ten men heading straight for them. Pulling her gun out, she started shooting, hoping to at least slow them down.

The men were closing in fast, and Demi was out of idea's. She couldn't fight them all. She felt a burning sensation hit her arm and she collapsed in pain screaming. The girls started to go to help her, when she screamed, "Don't stop run!!"

Dinah not caring, threw her bag down picking Demi up and started running as she carried her. More Fireballs rained down on them, narrowly missing Camila causing her to scream in fear.

They were about to be overtaken, when the ground started to shake knocking the girls, and the men chasing them off their feet. The rumbling got louder, and the earth shook like a massive earthquake, causing the space between the girls and the men to crack.

The Crack started to widen until it formed a 15 ft wide chasm. The ground the girls were on kept shaking until boulders large enough to cover their bodies sprout out of the ground. Their side of the ground suddenly stopped shaking, allowing the girls to get up.