Chapter 25

Third Person POV:

Alex was drifting in and out of consciousness by the time he hit the ground. He groaned in pain, but couldn't move. He could, however, hear the hunters' conversation above him clearly.

"He's still alive," one said. "Should we finish him off?"

"Not yet. Remember, he's not the one we're after."

"So what are we going to do with him?" Another asked.

The second one, more than likely the boss of the group, chuckled. "Bring him with us. I have a plan."

***

Selena's POV:

Finny and I chatted and caught up with each other for a while, and when I finally looked over at a clock, it had been nearly three hours. I removed the blanket from across my legs, folded my wings, and carefully got out of bed. Just then, I had this horrible feeling in my stomach, causing me to sit back down hard. Something was wrong.

Finny instantly had his hand on my shoulder. "What is it?"

"Something happened. I don't know what or how I know, but I do. I have to get to my dad."

Finny nodded, then picked me up and quickly carried me down the stairs to the kitchen, where my father was pacing back and forth, looking almost as troubled as I felt.

I jumped from Finny's arms and clumsily ran to my father. He caught me when I almost fell into him. I regained my balance and looked up at him. "Dad, something's wrong."

Dad nodded slightly. "Yes, I feel it too."

"But what happened? Dad, I'm scared."

"Selena, listen to me," he said, looking me in the eyes. "Have you seen your brother today?"

Just then my heart dropped into my stomach. Shaking, I shook my head.

Dad looked to Finny, and then to me, then back again. "Finny, take her upstairs to her room. No matter what happens, don't let her leave."

My jaw dropped, and I stared at my father. "What? Why? What about Alex? Dad, we can't just sit here. We have to find him!"

"And I'm going to," he assured me calmly. "I just want you upstairs in case something happens. The servants will help keep you safe. I have to speak with Maria now, so head back to your room. Please, Selena."

I sadly nodded my head. I had to stay safe for Dad. He shouldn't have to worry about both of his children, especially with one missing and hurt.

I let Finny carry me back to my room and lock the door once were inside. He set me on the bed, and sat himself in a chair.

"Finny, what if he can't find Alex? What if he's already...."

"Hey, he'll find him. You just have to believe in him. He's somehow always able to find the Young Master, so your brother should be a piece of cake. And I think you should know if Alex is okay or not. If he wasn't, you'd probably be out cold, too."

I nodded. Since I was able to feel that Alex was in trouble and hurt, the feeling I would get if he'd been killed would probably be ten time worse than the one I had now. It could be so horrible I may pass out or something else close to it.

"Finny, I don't want to just sit here waiting for my father to come back. He probably hasn't even left yet. He was going to get Maria and Peter somewhere safe first. Maybe they should stay with us?"

"It's Sebastian's decision, not ours."

I looked down at my hands. Tears were beginning to pool in my eyes, and I was getting a massive headache, almost like it were about to explode.

I let out a light gasp, which Finny didn't seem to notice, as I remembered something. Serena had told me last time I'd had a headache this bad that someone was trying to communicate with me. Thinking it might be Aunt Angelina again, I took a deep breath and listened closely, praying it was her and she had my medicine.

The voice that came to me wasn't Angelina's, but one I was much more enthusiastic about.

"Selena? Please, tell me you can hear me?"

"Alex? Is that really you?"

"Oh, thank goodness. You're not hurt."

He sounded distant and tired. But how could he? We were speaking with our thoughts.

"Alex, I didn't know we could do this. How are we talking right now?"

"I'm not sure, Selena, but that's not important. Tell your dad you guys need to get out of the house. Now."

"Tell Dad? But he just left to look for you. Where are you? You're scaring me, Alex."

"Darn it. You need to leave! Forget about me. They're coming for you!"

I gasped. Knowing exactly what he meant. Finny jumped and looked to me. I shook my head and closed me eyes, trying to picture Alex. Maybe it would help us connect better.

"Alex, please, tell me where you are."

"I don't know where I am. I can't open my eyes. They may do something if they realize I'm awake. Selena, please. Run!"

Right then, I felt Alex disconnect from me, and it hurt. It felt like I'd been ripped in half. I opened my eyes, tears now softly falling down my cheeks.

Finny was watching me. I ignored him and stood.

"Selena? What is it?"

I looked at him for the first time with a blank expression, not the one I usually address him with: the one with how much I love him plastered across my face as if it were written there. I was only concerned about my brother. It was as if any other emotion had left my body entirely.

"My father is back. I'm going to greet him."

"How do you know?"

Just then, we heard the front door slam closed, followed by silence. More than likely my father's silent footsteps. A moment later, I opened the door to my room, and there he was, standing in the doorway.

I stared at my father with the same blank yet determined expression. He looked at me with shock.

"Selena? Are you alright?"

"Did you find my brother?"

Dad sighed sadly. "No, I didn't."

I walked past my father and into the hallway, making my way towards the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Dad called after me.

"To find my brother," I replied without turning back. My father yelled for me to return to my room, but I ignored him, and made my way to the front door.

(Hey everyone! So my Writer's Block has vanished, and that's why you all have a new chapter so close to the last update. Also, the other chapter was so horrible and short that I thought you guys deserved a slightly less horrible one. Next, absolutely no one has voted for the 1000 followers reward thingy yet. I was thinking that it might be because I was a jerk and gave you quite a few things to choose from, so I'm removing the option for Yes, My Lady. I've already started writing it and figured out how it's going to end and gotten a cover and all that good stuff, so whether or not people choose it, I was going to write it anyway. And if you feel that it's too much work to PM me, you can vote in the comments, but please only vote in the comments of the previous chapter that has all the options and stuffs. It'll be a tad easier on me. Thank you all for reading! I love each and every one of you.)