Chapter 6

(Super long chapter!)

Selena's POV:

When I woke up, I couldn't remember anything. Alex was still beside me, and I could hear footsteps downstairs. I wasn't fully awake, but I was enough to know they were there.

While I was in that state, I heard a voice in my head speaking to me.

"Selena? Are you okay?" asked a voice. It sounded female.

"Who's there?" I asked it.

"Selena?" I could barely here Alex calling to me. "Are you awake?"

"Let's go somewhere more private," said the voice, and it pulled me to sleep again.

***

I saw her. She looked like me, with red eyes, black wings, and a thick black fog behind her, occasionally circling around her. She wore a long black dress, with no shoes. Her nails were black, and she had a smirk on her lips.

I looked down at myself, and gasped. I was wearing a long, solid white dress and no shoes. It looked like there was a white light radiating from me, but it didn't hurt to look at it. Looking back at my wings, I saw they were both whiter than snow.

I looked over at the girl across from me for a moment, then glanced around to see where we were. It looked like the world between life and death, except for the fact that I was the light to move on from this world, and she was the darkness that would trap you for eternity.

"Who are you?" I asked, finally resting my gaze on her blood red eyes.

She sighed. "I know this sounds cheesy, but I'm you, technically. I'm the demon half of you that decided to break off for a while."

"Why did you do that? You're killing us both!"

"I know," she frowned. "But tell me the truth. Did you really enjoy being who you were? People were calling us a monster even more than they did full demons. I know it affected you. You can't lie to yourself."

"You're right. It did bother me. But I didn't want to take it this far! You know that there is no way to separate us from each other. So why are you trying so hard? I don't want to die!" I was pleading with her, almost to tears.

She walked over and hugged me tightly. "Selena, don't cry. I don't want to die, either. We would leave our father all alone for good. The only person he would have would be the reaper. I won't leave him to someone who thinks down on demons. We could kill reapers, and yet they still try to bring us down. Just please, understand my point of view. I didn't mean to upset you."

I hugged her back. "How did you figure out that we could talk like this?"

She pulled away, smiling. "It was kind of luck. I remembered Alex talking to us about how we could maybe learn to come to this world willingly. So all I did was try to get us here."

"Do you know how to get us back?"

"Hope so," she said, and I cried out in horror. She laughed and replied. "Selena, did you really think I would bring you here if I didn't know how to send us back?"

"Maybe if you were trying to get rid of me so you could take over my body and trap me here for all of eternity!" I yelled.