Lewis X reader -

(Y/B/F/N) = Your best friends name.

3rd person P.O.V

Simon had been rushed to hospital for surgery after feeling ill for many weeks. His friend Lewis sat in the waiting room. After his break up with his girlfriend it's the last thing he needs.

He waits all day till he is able to visit his friend. He just hopes his friend will be okay.

But across the hospital (Y/N) runs in after a stretcher that held her friend. (Y/B/F/N) had collapsed in the street for no reason and became non responsive. The paramedics whisked (Y/N)'s friend away for treatment and left her crying for her friend.

Your P.O.V

My knees went weak and I fell onto the floor. Sobbing at the thought of losing my best friend.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I glanced up to see a tall man with glasses and a friendly face. "Are you okay miss?" He asks.

I shake my head, not replying. "Was that your friend on the stretcher?" He asks. I nod, more tears falling.

He helps me to my feet and sits me on a waiting room chair. "I'm sorry." I mumble through my tears. "For what?" He asks. I sigh. "You didn't have to help me. Honestly your just wasting your time." I tell him.

I look up at him. He has a smile on his face. It's a small smile. But its a smile all the same.

"Is there a Miss (L/N) here?" A doctor calls. I leap up out of my seat. "I'm here!" I shout. Louder then I should have. The doctor walks over.

"You came in with (Y/B/F/N) am I correct?" He asks. I nod. "Yes. Is she okay? Can I see her?!" I fire questions. He shakes his head. "Unfortunately not. We had to take your friend into surgery. I'm sorry to say that.... she has Leukaemia."

My whole world shattered. I sank back into my seat. "Oh." Is all I say.

"I'm sorry miss (L/N). But we think we've caught it early. With a bit more surgery and treatment (Y/B/F/N) should be able to recover and hopefully over come this." He says.

I nod. "Thank you." I whisper. The doctor smiles and walks away. I just sat there.

Not moving.

Not talking.

I think I may have stopped breathing at that point.

"I'm so sorry. For your friend. This must be hard." The kind man says. I nod. "Thank you. I don't want to lose my best friend the same way I lost my dad." I mumble.

"You look like you need a coffee. Would you like to go get one?" He offers. I nod. "I think we both need a coffee." I say.

Once we got our coffees we sat and spoke for a while. I learned his name was Lewis Brindley, he worked on YouTube with his friends in a large group called The Yogscast.

Strange name.

And the reason he was here was that his best friend Simon had to go for an operation. And he wanted to be there when he woke up.

"You two must be really close." I tell him. He smiles and nods. "We definety are close. We run the whole of The Yogscast together."

I giggle. "Wow. All me and (Y/B/F/N) have ever run is a Lemonade stand when we were 9. We only got £2.68 from a whole day."

Lewis laughs. I had a feeling that this was going to be a strong friendship.

******************************

A few weeks after her surgery (Y/B/F/N) was slowly recovering. But she had fallen into wjat the doctors thought was a mild depression. She said she wanted to go outside And socialize.