Chapter 18: Yugi, please

The rift between Yugi and I seems to grow with every passing second. Pain shoots through me as I am unable to speak to Yugi. He has shut his mind to me so I haven't been able to speak to him. I've been left alone to my own devices within the confines of the puzzle. My soul room has even begun to not seem as grand as it had in the beginning, I would rather share the room with Yugi.
My anger has caused more damage than I believe I will be able to fix with words alone. I look at Yugi who is working on his homework in class. His amethyst eyes seriously gazing down at the paper as his hand furiously scribbles answers onto the paper. I miss you Yugi. I wish I knew how to make this better. Yugi would occasionally look up at me before quickly returning to his work. My heart aches with every fleeting glance he sends my way.
The ringing of a bell signals the end of the school day and my saving grace. Yugi's teachers and classmates leave the room but Yugi remains and continues to work dutifully. It is now only him and I in this room. The room is silent exempt of the continuous scratching of the tip of the pen on the paper. I can't take this anymore!
I fade into view and slam my hand down on top of Yugi's paper. He blinks in surprise and irritation as he looks up at me. His eyes burn into mine as he tries to slide his paper out from beneath my hand. I increase the pressure on his paper so if he tries any harder it will rip. He hisses in annoyance as he releases the paper and leans back in his chair to look up at me.
"Yugi." I begin to say, but my words then abandon me. What can I say to mend the damage that I have caused? Is there anything to say? My body begins to tremble as I struggle to find the words to fix my mistake. Yugi watches me with confused eyes as I stare down at my hand. My pride forbids me to allow myself to become vulnerable, but this is something I cannot hope to control around Yugi.
My knees give out as I drop to the floor before Yugi. He watches me in shock as I bow to him. I don't know what has possessed me to do this, but my body has frozen in this position on the floor. My body trembles beneath his gaze as I pray to the gods that he forgives me. His chair creaks as he rises to his feet.
Fear courses through me as the thought of him walking away from me plays through my mind. Will he leave me here in this pathetic state? Yugi! My fingers curl into fists as I remain bowed over on the cold tile floor. Please!
Small, delicate fingers run through my hair gingerly. I keep my head bowed as he caresses my hair. Tremors run through me at his touch. His hand gently dives underneath me and grabs my chin. He guides my face upward until I am looking into his eyes a sympathetic smile on his face.
"It isn't suitable for the pharaoh to bow to a commoner." He teases gently. My shoulders tremble as I stare into his beautiful eyes. Those eyes that saved me. His hand cups my cheek as his thumb gently strokes my skin. "Why are you crying?" Tears scorch their path down my cheeks and onto his skin.
"Yugi." I sob as I bow my head once more. Yugi pulls my head back up to his.
"Please look at me if you're going to talk to me." He says, cradling my face in his hands.
"I'm sorry." I choke out. He wraps his thin arms around my neck pulling my head to his chest. My face nestled into his chest as I weep in his arms. "I'm sorry." My body trembles. "Please forgive me."
"Yami." He murmurs into my hair, making me shiver. My fingers dig into the loose fabric of his school uniform. The fabric is tightly gripped in my hands as I hold onto him like my lifeline. My tears splash onto his uniform as he holds onto me. "Why?"
"My past is repeating itself." I weep as I yank his arms towards me pulling him even closer. "Please forgive me!"
"Hush now." He murmurs. "Please don't cry anymore."
"But I-"
"You are forgiven." He interrupts. "Now stop crying."
"Yugi." I sob into his chest as he holds me close.

"My sweet Yami." He whispers into my ear as we lie on our bed at home. His thin body lounging on top of me as his fingers gently caress my skin. His amethyst eyes wrapping me in the love that flows from them.
"Yugi." I murmur as his fingers drift down my throat and pause at my collarbone.
"Tell me what frightens you." He says softly as his breath warms my ear making me shiver. "What has you so worried?"
"Yugi...I ca-" My voice is trapped in my throat when Yugi kisses me on my neck. His lips caressing my sensitive skin as he continues to adorn my neck with his love. "Yugi." I whimper as he kisses my most sensitive spot one more time before meeting my eyes.
"Please tell me everything." He says seriously.
"Yugi...I'm...I'm scared." I admit with a shaking voice.
"Perhaps I can help." He hums into my neck. I contain the moan that desperately tries to claw its way out past my lips.
"That's what worries me." I whisper as he nuzzles into my neck. "I don't want you to become a target."
Yugi pulls away until he is hovering over me his hands boxing my head in beneath him. He stares into my eyes seriously. "That is irrelevant." I look at him with a confused expression. "I am not concerned with becoming a target. If I am, I know that you will protect me...now let me do the same for you."
"But they cou-" Yugi's mouth latches onto my neck as he nibbles on my sweet spot. Gasps escape my lips as I try to escape his attention only to have him follow my movements. Never ceasing his actions. "Yugi...that's not fair." I whimper.
"Stop worrying about what could happen." He murmurs into my neck. His tongue darts across my cool skin making me shiver. "Just tell me what you know and we'll figure it out from there." He kisses my jawline and smirks. "And perhaps I will consider the fairness of my methods." An exasperated sigh escapes me.
"Your friend Marik is harboring the spirit of one of my former councilmen."
"You told me that earlier." He whispers as he nibbles my earlobe. My face glows a deep red as he continues to cover me with his affection. I try to gently push him off but he grabs my wrists and pins them by my head with all of his weight. His teeth grazing my skin gently as I struggle to release my wrists without hurting Yugi. "Go on." He murmurs.
"M-Malik and I never r-really got along. He always w-wa-wanted to have a monarchy that ruled the kingdom entirely through en-enslavement," Yugi nips my earlobe and I yelp in surprise. "I!...I disagreed with him."
"And now he wants revenge?"
"I suppose." Yugi unlatches himself from my ear, much to my relief. "He says that I will learn from my past...and that I will lose what I never had."
"I see." Yugi says seriously. "I have a question."
"What would that be?"
"You made it sound like Malik hates you."
"That was a statement aibou."
"I'm getting there." He says as he nips my bottom lip making me whimper. Yugi has become quite the little sadist and tease. He is making it unbearable for me to not have control.
"Was he the one to kill you?" My whole body freezes. Yugi peers down at me curiously. My mouth opens and shuts repeatedly, like a fish out of water, struggling to form words. My mind has gone blank. I don't know what to say. My heart holds my answer but my mind has betrayed me. I sigh as I look into my beloved's eyes before I answer.
"Yes Yugi, he was."