Chapter Eight

It was an aggravating walk from the gates to the destined village. All I can remember though is the first part of the journey. I remember being ambushed by amateur ninja, Naruto getting hurt, and Sakura asking questions while Naruto had a one-sided fight with Sasuke, who kept quiet save a few grunts. After that, all I can remember was the cold ground meeting my face as my consciousness slipped.

I thought I felt the faint feeling of someone lifting me, but my mind had started shutting down. Having high blood sugar has many side effects, one of which causes my brain to stop functioning correctly and for me to lose consciousness. I hate to show such weakness in front of anyone, and I will make sure that this never happens again.

When my mind starts to clear I regain my consciousness. I open my eyes slowly and stare up at a ceiling. My body feels heavy and my head is still spinning slightly, although I can think clearly. I blink a few times before pushing myself up with much energy. When the room stops spinning I look around at the small room I am in. I see a bed next the one I am laying in as well as mine and someone else's backpack in the corner. The sliding door is slightly open and I can see stairs leading down to what I will assume is the kitchen. I can hear voices and the very loud voice of a yellow headed ninja.

I stand on shaky legs as I make my way down the stairs and the voices get louder. I can make out Naruto yelling. When I get down to the kitchen I can see a young boy standing as well as Naruto who is working very angrily at him. For a second my curiosity piqued as to what this boy did to make Naruto so mad. After the boy runs out, everyone finally noticed me standing in the back of the dining room.

"You're awake!" Naruto shouts, all traces of anger gone now as he smiles. He is so... interesting.

"Akumu-san, are you feeling better? You passed out and we had to carry you the rest of the way."

"Mmm." I nod to her as sit next to Naruto.

"Oh, I am glad you're better now. Here, have some Brussel sprout soup." She hands me a bowl and I look at it with an open mouth. It seems that they do grow here. I green the bowl from her and stick it down. Everyone watches me as I eat with wide eyed.

"Gee, Akumu. You really are hungry, huh?"

"Of course she is, baka," Sakura hits Naruto over the head, "she was unconscious for two days." Sakura glares at Naruto.

When I finish, I look up at Sensei and ask, "What happened?" I believe that he understands what I am asking and starts to fill me in on the events that occurred after I had passed out.

....... One explanation later........

"Zabuza... Interesting." I mutter under my breath.

"Yeah. It was totally awesome! Kakashi-sensei was so cool with his Sharingan. At least until he passed out," Naruto states. He earns a glare from Sensei.

"Hn," Sasuke grunts. He looks away from everyone. I assume he is mad over the fact that Kakashi Hatake has Sharingan, and he, an Uchihca, does not.

"Anyway, we've been doing some training while you were out. Although I'm sure you're already able to do it." Kakashi ignores the brooding Sasuke and continues our previous conversation.

"Sakura has already mastered it, and Sasuke and Naruto are getting close."

"Yeah! And I'm gonna beat stupid Sasuke. I just have to practice a little more," Naruto mumbles the last part and stood up. He starts walking towards the door but trips on a stone.

"If you're thinking of training, take the day off. You've released too much chakra. Anymore and you could die," States Sensei.

"I'm going to prove it," Naruto pushes himself off the ground with a determined face, "I'm going to prove that in this world heroes do exist."