Chapter 8

Henrietta sighed before carefully opening her eyes. She had sunglasses on and was still in the car from what she could see. Turning her head she looked out the window to see buildings all around her. She was by her school telling from the upkeeping of the environment and the cars that were driving by. Henrietta pulled down the mirror to check her face and saw that she was fine. The seatbelt was on her and she was covered in a blanket that looked nice. Henrietta decided to sit and wait just yawning and thinking to herself. Geoffrey came walking down the street with a bag and a new outfit on. When he got in the car she looked to him and grinned which earned a smile in return.

"Buenos días." He greeted her.

"¿Dónde?" She replied looking away in fear of hot morning breath.

"Ahora salimos." Geoffrey smiled starting the car. "I'm surprised you could manage to understand Spanish just waking up."

"Ehhh...why are we here? Where are we going?"

"I got you breakfast." He practically sang.

"Gracias."

"Just tell me where and I'll drop you off. I...was taking you around all day."

"What about these blankets and these shades?"

"Keep them as a gift."

"Your hat was a gift."

"I can buy my friends gifts."

"Isn't that buying your friends?"

"I'm not trying to buy you, Henrietta."

She looked away from him to hide her blush cause by him saying her name. A sigh escaped her mouth while she looked out the window. The rest of the car ride was quiet until he dropped her off a block away from her house. He kept the glasses and blanket in the back seat for her when they meet again. Stumbling her way to her door she unlocked it to see her parents waiting for her with a worried expression. Her dad sweeped her up into a hug that seemed to say no matter what happened I love you. It took little effort for her to hug him back which made her eyes moist.

"We were worried." He muttered over and over.

"Sorry I just needed some space. It won't happen again."

So for weeks she played the good girl going to school and then home. However Royce would be there on her way home or during lunch. They would listen to the man who played music too great for their understanding. Keyna made ever effort she could to pick on her but DG was always there to say the opposite. There was a fight over DG returning in her life with her friends so they had yet to get on better terms. The only people in the house our Deangleo, Melea, Lecia, and Henrietta because the others took a vacation to the beach. Months were going by as Geoffrey and Henrietta grew closer together. They would call or text after school or at night or all day depending on their schedule. David visited her more and more trying to worm his way back into her life. Derik Evens had made it his duty to talk with her at least three times a week which David hated.

Henrietta had begun to grow up and not just in age. Music and books became the only free time options she knew. The boys in her life were like noise in the background to the music. She decided when it was possible that she should get a cello. She wanted or dreamed to travel the world as a cellist. Along with Spanish she was also being taught how to read music. DG didn't ever return to her house but what scared her was the thought of it. On a Thursday at school he pushed her up against the locker and got really close. He had used his arms to trap her but him being so near was worse. When their noses almost touched he looked down and snickered. It wasn't at her but at himself for really wanting to kiss her. Henrietta found herself being a number of different people. With Royce she was fierce and eager to just about anything. With David she was a mouse running from a cat. To everyone else it seemed she was the "white noise" that kept them from the other sounds.