Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Geoffrey Rojas was anxious about something that didn't have to do with music or his career. He stressed over what to wear and what to say. Henrietta was gone now and he just hoped she was there today. After the songwriting he goes to the stadium and prepares for the concert. More choreography lessons and vocal exercises plus rehearsals until concert day. With everything on his mind he just wanted her there.

Taking the car to the stadium with his manager he felt excited. His mind had told him she was coming and he wanted to thank her. He knows he can't be with her like before but a new friendship might come from this. Busting in he saw people all over moving around and getting instructions. The manager whispered in his ear congratulations on making it this far. Since his fame has went up his manager has made it a habit to congratulate him before every concert in the concert area.

"Where is she?" Royce eagerly inquiries.

His state was much like a child about to receive a Christmas present. The manager smiled after the shock and ushered him to the first activity. Afterwards the manager went on the hunt for their young songwriter. He knew he needed to be back before Prince Royce notices she's not coming.

Henrietta stood at the bus stop with her cello in its lime green case beside her. She tried to slow her breathing after running to make it on time. The car pulled up smoothly into the bus lane and the passenger window rolled down.

"Toro?" Henrietta greeted unsure.

"Hey Etta! What you up to?" Toro beamed.

"Just on my way to play in the park."

"Let me take you. You know I like the way you pluck."

"Cool."

After getting in a few minutes later the manager drove by. Henrietta sung loudly to the obscure rap songs Toro's special mix played. She honestly didn't know the lyrics but tried anyway. They laughed all the way to the park. Henrietta immediately drew in her regular crowd as she played a song she herself composed. The music was soft like a lullaby yet sad.

"Where are you hiding her?" The hero rubbed his hands asking the manager.

"You know how Ms. Deonte is she prefers to surprise her way." The manager rubbed his neck replying.

"Yea, she's pretty great like that." He said dreamily.

"Royce!" The dance instructor called for him.

!(Yes!)" Prince Royce answered going towards her.

As they reached the door to go to the dance studio Henrietta walked in. Their eyes met and he smiled. Her cello was halfway in when she paused so she pulled the rest in.

"Buenos días. (Good morning.)" Henrietta greeted them.

Hola!(Hi!)" The choreography instructor expressed her salutations with.

Geoffrey waved at her over and over with a big cute grin. Henrietta threw her head back laughing at him trying to cover her mouth with her hand. He skipped over to her and she still couldn't hide her smile.

"You can pay me for this too. I'll work as an extra." Henrietta told him.

"Whatever you want."

"This would let me get experience in stage setup." Henrietta proudly grinned after adding. "Don't worry I'll be fine."

After saying that she frowned wondering why she thought she was special to him. His smile growing wider made her question her own thoughts. Watching him skip out she felt a bit warm. Shaking off the illusionary love she walked over with her cello to help. During her break she played instead of eating. Derik came by and shared his lunch with her. They worked together even when Prince Royce returned.