Chapter 5

Chapter 5

   The next day was so dull she forgot it the moment she shut her eyes for rest. Yes her friends and David spoke to her but she felt lifeless. She had forgotten about Royce and didn’t even listen to music. Often she was in her own world and would forget things. She hardly ever was on Earth and when she was it was only slightly. How could you blame her? They had another group meeting thing in math which sent chills to her each moment. The next day she woke up early and purged but it wasn’t her intention. She hung over the toilet letting her stomach fluids and such go. Leaving a rotten taste and smell in her mouth in each surge. Her dad came and sat next to her rubbing her back in a circle. Deangelo was soft towards his girls especially his last hope, his queen of daughters, his special baby girl, Henrietta Queen Deonte. Henrietta lacked the knowledge on how special she is not just to him but to everyone. After helping her clean up they went downstairs and watched a show together while drinking hot coco. She snuggled into his chest as she felt like she was crying but no tears escaped. The atmosphere was amazing as all bonds between a daughter and father are. After a while she went to get ready for school it was two hours earlier than she usually would but she wanted to be alone for a bit. Not to mention this gave her time to take her time. As she went back downstairs in her new attire her dad answered the door. Henrietta in blue jeans, black uggs, and white v-neck froze as she saw who it was. She shook her head as she rushed toward him.

“David what are you doing here?” Henrietta almost screamed.

“Good morning to you too.”

“Yea good morning. I’m sorry I just…was shocked.”

    He brought her into a hug though he has yet to be invited in. Deangelo eyed him as a leader would eye a possible terrorist. The similarity between a nation wrecker and David Gibbons was thick in Deangelo’s eyes at least. Henrietta had to push him off her which woke him from his fantasy. Awkwardly she gestured for him to come in and he stepped in mindful once again of her steaming dad. As she sat on the couch he sat on the couch with her but her dad stood searching for what to say.

“He’s not my boyfriend.” Henrietta looked up at him and said.

    This comforted him slightly to know that she was not becoming another impure daughter. Yet this raised alarm to him for his protective instincts kicked in. If this man has no strong relationship ties then why is he at their door at 5:36 in the morning?

“My name is David Gibbons and recently…Henrietta…” His voice and eyes drifted off to her. “…let me back in her life. I’m grateful for that.”

“Deangelo Deonte, owner of this fine home, and father of Henrietta.” His voice boomed as he shook his hand.

    Deangelo Deonte is no fool and noticed right away the lifestyle David obviously lived. Breaking out late to satisfy is randy emotions or partying to wash them away. A year older than Henrietta and his hormones raged and demanded compensation. Yet what Mr. Deonte could not understand was what look this boy kept giving his daughter. When DG’s eyes would fall on to her it was different.  It was as if the randy boy had disappeared and what was left was a caring and watchful young man one who felt sorry for his past actions. When Henrietta would glance at him in this odd silence he would swap to a smile like it pleased him for her to just acknowledge him. David had his mind set on what he felt towards her and love, lust, or anything like that was not it. To him she was a different story in a different pitch with a new intriguing plot that he hopes to be a part of. He bit his lip and looked up at Deangelo with a look of someone who was on the verge of crying.

“I may not be her boyfriend or her friend, but something is better than nothing.”

     Henrietta turned her attention to him so quick her neck sting from the sudden movement. Her eyes flashed with amazement for he meant it. Before when he was using the crowd to coax her into the restaurant, his speech he used it again. The way he said the last part was almost like he was swearing at himself. Then what it really meant ran through her mind. Her once loving eyes turned into a glare. He was pointing out how she failed to add on to her previous statement about him. Henrietta’s mad face was greeted by David’s yea face.