Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Henrietta stayed silent in the bed. She didn't know who's bed this is but it smelled weird. Everything Royce was weird to her. She yawned and then got up. She searched for her phone and then realized where she was. She ran out the house and on her way down the stairs she heard Royce chasing her. He woke up to the slam of the bedroom door and her scared expression. She ran and ran until she felt far away. Bending over and grabbing her knees she panted. Why was she in his bed?

He knew he wouldn't be able to catch her so he followed a block behind in his car. When she stopped he parked and walked over. The moment he got there he saw her sweat mixed with tears. She looked lost as she stared at the ground wheezing. Then he wondered what in his room caused this.

"What was I doing there?" She asked him with a look to his corner.

"I-" Geoffrey started. "You-" He couldn't figure out how to explain it.

"I apologize for anything I said or did. I'm not your songwriter anymore so let's not talk ever again."

"Wait." Royce told her while grabbing her wrist. "At least you'll let me touch you."

"Being touched is not the big deal I made it to be." Henrietta replied then pushed him. "I can touch too."

Before she knew it he had her pinned to the wall. His nose was inches from hers and she held her glare. The anger was coming back to Henrietta.

"Fine. Let's talk about it." Royce sighed. "I was worried about my image."

"And what about your feelings?"

"They were for a child. I needed to forget you." He paused. "Henrietta..." His voice shook.

"You just left. I couldn't find you or talk to you. You were my boyfriend, Geoffrey."

"And I shouldn't had been! And you know...I see you're doing fine."

"Am I supposed to still be crying? Do you think that highly of yourself?"

"You used to."

"And you said you loved me. We're both liars."

"That wasn't a lie. Te amo(I love you) but I love my girlfriend more."

"I don't love you."

"I know."

"I'm not your fan anymore either."

"Can you just be my songwriter for now?"

"If I can convince Derik-"

"The both of you then."

"...Talk to Derik."

He looked at her and saw that sad expression. His mind races back to how he used to cheer her up. On a whim he hugged her at first she fought but he was too strong for her. When he let her go there was disgust left on her face. Henrietta quickly turned and left. Royce didn't chase after her this time.

Later in the day he waited for her to come and work on the song. Henrietta did not show up the following day either. Geoffrey called her four times and she didn't pick up. On the third day he sat awkwardly with Derik a few minutes. He was going crazy just to hear her voice.

On the fourth day his girlfriend came by and they went out. Like the world wanted she calmed him and reminded him of their love. Prince Royce reminded himself that Henrietta Deonte is some child that has no connection to him outside of business. He needed that cool down just to keep from visiting her.

The fifth day Derik escorted Henrietta up to the apartment. Derik was only able to stay for two hours. In those two hours Henrietta and him were able to write the rest of the tempo. Geoffrey sung and gave unwanted encouragement during that time. Derik held her hands with longing written over his face as he departed from them. She inhaled all her sadness and fear then exhaled. Returning to the piano she went to continue working.

"Lie to me
Tell me anything you want me to believe
And I'll be anyone that you want me to be"

As he sung he watched her to see if it bothered her. Henrietta pushed a stray strand of hair back and continued to work. The anger that she had was gone now. Henrietta didn't love or hate him instead she just felt numb thinking of him. Somewhere in their minds they know they should be more.

"Come on, mami(baby). I just want this to work." Geoffrey sighed before saying.

"Let me finish this part okay?" She absentmindedly replies.

Officially bored Royce went to the kitchen to make her a snack. The memory surfacing of her kitchen was kicked away. Remembering what she liked seemed to be more of a challenge than anything else right now. Giving up he tossed together a handful of Teddy Graham's and milk. He sat next to her after putting it on the table. The face she was making was absolute focus type of expression. She looked over at him and scoffed.

"Yeah?" Henrietta questions.

"We good?"

"The best we've been in a while." She answers with a fake smile.

"I made you a snack."

"Thanks."

Swiftly she gets up and sits to eat it. Geoffrey swallowed his pain and went to playing the piano. He played the song "Lie to me" while trying to clear his head. Henrietta wasn't lying to him at all which worried him. He wanted to ask where she has been but that would lead to a fight. Ever since that night he's been craving her presence.

(The secret is to find a person that knows how to be without you, but prefers to be with you

(The secret is to find a person that knows how to be without you, but prefers to be with you.)

Once she finished they went back to work for another hour and a half. Prince Royce walked her to the door in awkward silence. Henrietta turned to him and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"This was fun. Thanks." She spoke softly to him.

".(Yes)" Royce agreed.

All the songwriting was now finished. Henrietta could technically, if she pleased to, leave for good. There would be no excuse for him to call her anymore. She wouldn't have to get up so early to come to his apartment. Our heroine could peacefully move on. She blinked slower realizing this is truly goodbye.

"Por favor quedar. (Please stay.)" Geoffrey breathed.

"¿Qué?(What?)" Henrietta whispers back.

There eyes won't meet the other's; scared of what they might do. The air in the room feels thinner as if they need to conserve oxygen. The want, chemistry, and love that once ruled their relationship could be felt returning. She placed a hand on her throbbing chest and looked him in the eyes. More seconds of undeniable longing went by.

"I'll go." Henrietta broke the spell with. "It's always been our choice to come or go." She adds before turning.

" She adds before turning