Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Henrietta and Derik sat in folding chairs kissing. Months had gone by of them dating. With Derik she felt harmonious like how Royce makes her feel. Derik has enjoyed everything more. Among the crew they are goals and to Royce they are fake. No matter how much pain he felt seeing them together she was so happy. Hearing her laughter was enough to silence his jealous rage. Now both of them we're drifting apart.

"Could you guys suck face after we're all in our tents?" Abigail requested.

"Or you could not watch you freak." Derik shifted to her and taunted.

"Be like Prince Royce and Emeraude; go off into the woods and do that." Abigail replied.

Henrietta sunk at the thought. Derik took her hand and off they went. The woods were alive as if watching them. The idea seemed great until they actual did it. With their flashlights they slowly found a spot to be alone.

"The stars are so pretty." Henrietta said in awe.

"You're so pretty."

"The air is so clean."

"You make my heart feel clean."

"And..." Henrietta chuckled before continuing. "...it's way too dark."

"But you're darkness is lovely." He told her with a kiss to her backhand.

"You're the best at everything." Henrietta grinned kissing his forehead.

He placed his arm around her and they sat looking at the stars. Besides the Big Dipper constellation they did not know a single one so they looked it up. They would have been in a dead zone if it wasn't for the lodge near by. Henrietta snuggled up closer to him as their night went on.

Emeraude tapped Geoffrey's nose. They were together on a blanket in a clearing. They spoke only in Spanish about their hopes and dreams. They talked on and on about shows and movies they liked. They spent their time getting to know one another better. It was them under the stars in their own world.

Abigail sat with David and the crew. By the tents they all sung campfire songs and whatever else came to mind. DG is not fluent in Spanish so he felt talked around and left out. Aside from the casual conversations in their native tongue it was a good night. All of them slept ahead of the couples. Abigail touched the spot Henrietta should be with a worried expression.

"Do you know where we are?" Henrietta asked holding Derik's hand.

"Almost there." Derik lied.

"Geoffrey-" Emeraude started.

"¡Yo sé! ¡Yo sé!" Prince Royce cut her off.

Both couples had gotten lost on their ways back. Derik and Royce took their loves down a hill and fell. The hero wandered looking for his love and found the heroine instead. Derik found Emeraude and at first didn't recognize her until she spoke. Prince Royce raced over to Henrietta's body and shook her. In the dead cold night he could tell it was her from a glance.

Henrietta was bleeding from her head because she hit a rock on her way down. When he touched it he hoped it was sap or mud. Carrying her bridal style he tried to find his way back. Emeraude and Derik walked as far apart together as they could. Geoffrey sat her down as the night grew darker. Henrietta finally opened her eyes to him looking up at the sky.