Chapter Seven

~EDITED~

The game begins as the balls all shoot into the air. I immediately receive the quaffle thrown to me by one of my teammates. I weave in between two Gryfinndors and throw the quaffle through the hoop. The Slytherins cheer and the Gryfinndors stare; I accomplished this task in all of fifteen seconds. I wink at Oliver before zooming off to rejoin the game. Darting between two Gryfinndors, I intercept the quaffle and immediately throw it to my teammate, who is further from the hoop. The two red and gold players pause in a seconds worth of confusion, which gives my teammate enough time to make a long pass to someone way up the field, who scores the point. As the game goes on, Oliver blocks three attempts at a point in a row. I fly up to my beaters and tell Per to keep the Pressure on Harry, and tell Lucian that he should really not pay a ton of attention to any of the players except Oliver unless necessary. With Oliver distracted by dodging bludgers we score another forty points.

We continue to score as the game goes on, pulling off moves hardly ever seen at Hogwarts. At one point in time I got trapped between to Gryfinndors, shoving me back and forth. Unknown to them, I dropped the ball to my teammate below me, and by the time they realized I didn’t have the quaffle any more, we had already scored again. Suddenly, I hear that Harry and Draco have seen the snitch; using this as a distraction, I intercept the quaffle on a pass between Gryfinndors and speed back to the goal as fast as I can fly. I feint to the left and throw right, scoring another 10 points for Slytherin; literally seconds later it’s announced that Harry caught the snitch.

I’m sitting on my broom by the goal posts, and my shoulders drop a little. The Gryfinndors cheer and the Slytherins groan. I turn to look at Lee who’s trying to get everyone’s attention. “HEY! YOU LOT! SHUT YOUR TRAPS!” He shouts. The stadium falls silent, confused. “Yes, Gryffindor caught the snitch, putting them at a score of 180. However, because of the excellent playing tonight by Slytherin, they scored 190 points; for the first time ever in Hogwarts’s history, a team has won despite not being able to catch the snitch. Slytherin wins!” There is a stunned silence for a moment, and then the stadium erupts in cheers.

"YES!” I laugh, fist pumping the air. I fly past a stunned Oliver to my rejoicing team; we all land on the ground celebrating. Draco comes over and lands, grinning at me.

“You’ve got to be the best captain who ever attended Hogwarts,” He tells me, and my team roars their approval. I look over their heads at the defeated looking Gryffindor team, who also look mildly impressed.

“We just can’t let this win go to our heads guys,” I tell them as we head back to change. “We’ve caught them off guard this time, but now other houses are going to practice even harder. We’ve got to stay on our toes; prepare for the worst and hope for the best.”

After changing I head back to the common room, where my team would already be. I step through the wall into the green room and I’m greeted by the roar of a party in full swing. Emily! There you are!” exclaims Zan giving me a hug. “That was fantastic!”

“Thanks,” I respond grinning. The crowd notices I’m here and pulls me in and lifts me on their shoulders. I laugh, “Don’t you guys think you’re over reacting? Put me down!” They drop me back down to the ground, where I’m steadied by Draco.

“Slytherin hasn’t won a match against Gryffindor in ages, that’s why they’re like this,” he informs me.

“Oh,” I respond, not really knowing what to say.

“I’m going to get a drink, would you like something?” he asks me.

“Anything but pumpkin juice,” I say with a grin. His smile gets bigger for an instant before it goes back to the trademark smirk. I watch as his blond head disappears into the crown; until, of course, I’m grabbed and pulled out of the room.