Chapter Nine

HEY GUYS! GUESS WHAT! MY STORY NOW HAS OVER A HUNDRED READS! *mega happy dance* For me it's a big achievement :) Vote and comment, I'd love to know your guys' thoughts so far! I love talking to people, so feel free to send me a message also :)

Dedicated to my lovely sister who was reading chapter eight as I edited this one :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk through the common room in complete bliss, arriving in my room only to be bombarded by a mass of questions.

“How was it?”

“Where did you go?”

“Did you enjoy it?”

“Did he kiss you?” Everyone stares at Jen who asked the last question. “What?” she defends. “It’s not that strange of a question to ask!” I laugh lightly and glance at Zan, who was laying on her bed the whole time just looking at the ceiling in boredom.

“Guys, shut up and let her tell the story,” she says lazily. I change into my pajamas quickly before lying down on my bed and telling them everything that happened.

“Wow,” Sarah says in wonder. “I wish I had a guy who would do that for me.”

“Everyone wishes they had a guy like Oliver Wood,” replies Lexis dreamily.

“And here I thought you guys would be anti-Oliver because he’s a Gryffindor,” I joke. Kim snorts before responding.

“Please, people who think Gryfinndors and Slytherins can’t be friends are dense.”

“That’s what I’ve been saying!” I exclaim, “But no one listens!”

“Well some people can be really shallow,” she comforts.

“Now that we’re done talking about Emily’s love life, can we go to bed?” complains a half-asleep Zan. I throw a pillow at her before flicking my wand and turning off the lights.

The next morning I head down to quidditch practice, with not a care in the world. My head is still in the clouds from the wonderful date I was on the day before.  My team falls silent as I step onto the pitch; they all stare at me as I approach the group. “What? Is something on my face?” I ask self-consciously.

“We heard you went on a date with Wood yesterday,” Per tells me. I tense and glance around at all the accusing stares; wondering if they’re really and truly mad at me.

“I swear, you guys gossip more than old women,” I tease, trying to relieve the tension.

“Is it true? Did you go on a date with him?” Per asks, not to be deterred. I pause for a moment, gauging their emotions.

            “Yeah,” I say at last, meeting the eyes of Draco, who looks like he feels somewhat betrayed.

“Well this is going to make games really awkward when we play them,” Chris says cheerfully. I roll my eyes.

“Guys, come on, it was just one date. If you think I’m going to go easy on him you clearly don’t know me,” I tell them, with a mocking hurt expression on my face. Lucian shoves my shoulder a little before we take to the air, practice resuming as usual with no tension between us whatsoever. At least that was my impression, not noticing the pained expression on Draco’s face when the date was mentioned.

Several weeks later I’m sitting in a window in a deserted corridor, watching the snow fall upon the ground of my school; it’s after dinner so there aren’t many students scurrying about below. I bend down to write a little more in my journal when I hear someone shout my name. I glance up in surprise to see Ron striding down the hall. “Hey Ron,” I call out cheerfully, swinging my legs to the floor and scooting over to make room for him to sit down.             “What’s going on?” He groans and plops down beside me, running a hand through his hair.