Chapter Two

~EDITED~

I wake up at the crack of dawn-well, 6:30 to be exact. Don’t ask me why, but I ALWAYS get up at 6:30, just a habit from my old school maybe? But lessons didn’t start until nine there, hmm…maybe it was to finish homework I hadn’t turned in? I don’t know, it’s anyone’s guess. Zan’s already sitting up and stretching. She grins at me, and then points to Jen, who is sleeping with her feet on her pillow, head hanging over the edge of her bed. I smother a giggle and go to change into my school robes. There’s no one in the bathrooms, so we don’t have to fight for a mirror. When head back to our room to put our stuff away, we see no one has moved yet, so we go down to the dining hall by ourselves. “Soooo, who was that guy you were talking to last night?” Zan asks me, nudging my shoulder. I tilt my head, trying to remember his name.

“I think his name was Draco, why?” She just shrugs and smiles innocently at me. I groan knowing that look.

“Do you think he’ll ask you out?” she asks.

“Nope,” I say, arriving at the nearly empty great hall. She’s been pushing me to find a boyfriend since the beginning of the summer. “He just asked about Cresco.” She pouts as she loads eggs and bacon onto her plate. We eat breakfast in mostly silence, and it isn't until we get up to leave that people finally start trickling in to eat. We walk out the doors and literally run into Oliver. Well, more like I do while Zan strategically disappears. “Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry!” I blurt.

People around us stare, and someone from the crowd says, “Did a SLYTHERIN just apologize? The world must be coming to an end.” Everyone laughs as Oliver holds out a hand.

“Shove off you guys, I’m sorry,” he addresses me as everyone else walks into the great hall. I accept the hand and then there is an awkward silence that I decided to fill with, “Sooo….Shakespeare, huh?” He gives me a confused look and I explain, “Whenever there’s an awkward silence people start thinking about William Shakespeare…if you don’t you will now!” He laughs at me, looking slightly bewildered and says, “Thanks for that, now I’ll be haunted by that thought for the rest of my life.”

I grin slyly and replied with, “My pleasure.” I look over his shoulder to see Harry and Ron staring and whispering, then to the right of them where my friends are standing awestruck. “I have to go I think, I’ll see you around!” I say, skipping to where my roommates are, leaving behind an amused 7th year.

“First of all, why are you skipping?” asks Sarai.

 “It’s a lot more fun than walking,” I point out.

They all stop to consider that and Jen exclaims, “You’re right! Now, let’s go eat breakfast, I’m about to die from starvation.” She skips ahead of us into the hall. We all look at each other, and Kim shrugs as if to say, ‘Why not?’ So we all link arms and skip past Oliver into the great hall.

Of course everyone is staring at us, and we just smile and wave. I can tell my roommates and I are going to get along great. We all sit down, and they grab some food while Zan and I watch. Hally notices and asks, “What? Are you guys not hungry?”

Zan shakes her head and states, “No, we already ate.”

“Mail’s here! Heads up!” Lexis cries. Hundreds of owls swooped down among the students, delivering letters from loved ones. I receive two: One from Dad, and one from Jake. I open the one from Dad first. He’s just inquiring about my journey to Hogwarts, what house I’m in, if I have any friends yet. The one from Jake is slightly more entertaining. He talks all about how his roommates tried to prank him the first night he was there by levitating a bunch of water over his bed while he was sleeping, and then they were going to drop it on him in the morning to wake him up. Little did they know, Jake gets up early just like I do. He saw the water, and moved it above the beds of his roommates before letting it go crashing down. Well minus Sean, (Zan’s brother who is his best friend) who had already woken up and was laughing from the chair he was sitting in while he was tying his shoes. He also tells me to say hi to Zan for him.