Chapter Four

~EDITED~

I’m eating breakfast the next morning, reading an amusing letter from my brother about his flying toad, when Zan bursts into the great hall and sprints down the Slytherin table shouting my name. “EMILY EMILY EMILY EMILY EMILY EMILY!”

“WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT?” I shout back, ignoring the stares from everyone else-well the other 12 people who were actually AWAKE at 7:30 in the morning on a Sunday.

“You’ll never guess what just happened to me!” she exclaims.

I raise an eyebrow and ask, “Do you want the other people in the great hall to know, or just me?” She giggles and sits down beside me. “Now what happened to you?”

“Well, I was walking here alone, because someone decided they didn’t want to wait for me this morning, when Fred randomly pops out from behind a rug that was hanging on the wall. Apparently there’s a secret passage there, but ANYWAYS he was just flirting like he has been for this past week, and he asked me to go to Hogsmead with him on a double date on Saturday!” I wrinkle my eyebrows, confused.

 “I thought you didn’t like him,” I say. She looks down and twists the end of her hair around her finger.

“Well, I guess he sort of got to me this week,” she says sheepishly. I laugh and shove her lightly. We both grab a green apple before getting up to go walk outside.

“Wait a minute; you said it’s a double date. Who’s going with you?” She glances up at me sheepishly before opening her mouth to reply.

“I sort of talked Hally into going with me.”

I laugh aloud and respond, “Thank gosh! I thought you might make me go with you! Do George and Hally even know each other?”

She nods, “Yeah, she was usually around when Fred attempted to flirt with me, and she and George often talked before I dragged her away.” I grin at her and wave to our roommates as they go by on their way to breakfast.

“You owe me Zan!” Hally calls out before she’s swept away from us in the mob of hungry students. I raise an eyebrow.

“What DID you say to her?” I ask. Zan scratches her head and looks away.

“I sort of pulled all of the cards on her to get her to come, including the ‘I stopped our roommates from dying your hair green’ one.” I smile, remembering that moment. Ah, good times.

“Well we’re on our way to Hogsmead right now, right?” I ask her.

“Well DUH! What else is there to do on a Sunday?” she replies. We stand in line waiting to hand our permission slips to Filch to check. “You know, this is quite down grading,” Zan comments. “How so?” I ask as I give Filch my slip.

 After both Zan and I get the okay, she replies, “Well TECHNICALLY we’re full wizards, being that you become legal wizards at age 13 if you attended Cresco. Once you get the trace taken off of you, they can’t put it back on!”

“Yeah I know, but I don’t really get why you just had to be 13 in America. You would think they would wait until people were more mature,” I comment.

“Well, it IS an advanced school, I guess they figured that if you were there, you’re mature enough to handle the world.” Zan shrugs, then asks, “Is that Neville and Luna?”

I squint ahead to see two students fiercely debating.

As we drew closer we hear the girl say, “Nargles DO exist Neville! You see, it’s them messing with your mind right now, making you believe otherwise.”