Chapter 1 - Hogwarts letter and the change

It was half way though the summer holiday's when I heard a loud pecking sound coming from my window. I opened it up and the Hogwarts owl flew in and dropped my Hogwarts letter straight in my hands and flew off out of the window. I was really excited to go back to Hogwarts and finish my seventh year after it being ruined by Voldemort. I ripped it opened and it read.

Dear Hermione Granger,
I would like to inform you that you have been invited back to do your seventh year at Hogwarts and I would like to inform you that you have been appointed head girl. I also need to inform you that everyone is getting resorted into a new house. I hope that you accept this invitation and I hope to see you on September 1st ready for the new school year ahead.
Sincerely
Minerva McGonagall

I am so excited to go back now especially cause I will be head girl but I wonder who got head boy maybe Harry did so I decided to send and owl to Ginny, Ron and Harry.

Dear Harry, Ron and Ginny if your reading this
I just got my Hogwarts letter and I was wondering if you all got yours, I got head girl and wondering if either one of you got head boy. I can't believe we have to be resorted as well, hopefully I get put back in Gryffindor and we need to all go to Diagon ally before school starts to get our school supplies
Love Hermione Granger xx

I tied the letter to my new owl Milly and sent it of to the burrrow.

"Hermione time for tea" Mum shouted

"Coming" I said leaving my window open and putting a treat on the window for Milly when she gets back.

"Mum, Dad guess what"

"What dear"

"I got my Hogwarts letter today and I'm going to be head girl"

"That's great news hunny are you going to Diagon ally to get your supplies"

"Yes I just owled Harry, Ginny and Ron to see when they can"

"Okay hunny"

"Oh I almost forgot to tell you that we will be sorted into a new house i don't know why though"

"I bet proffesor McGonagall has her reason why"
"Yeah I'm sure she does"

"Are you looking forward to you eighteenth birthday in a week"

"Yes i am, I'm very excited"

I finished my tea and headed upstairs Milly was already on her pearch and there was a letter on my bed waiting to be opened. I picked it up and ripped it open

Dear Hermione,
We got out letters as well and congrats on getting head girl neither me or Ron got head boy and have no idea who would of got it and yeah I wonder why we need to get resorted oh well I hope I get into Gryffindor again. We decided to go to Diagon ally tomorrow at 10.30 if you want to come so we can get everything out of the way.
Love from Harry xxxx

I got a new bit of parchment and wrote back to them.

Dear Harry,
I would love to go to Diagon ally tomorrow and I wonder who head boy is then oh well I will find out when we get back to school.
Love from Hermione xxxx

I tied it to Milly's leg and she flew off into the night.

"Mum, Dad can I go to Diagon ally at 10.30 tomorrow with Harry to get my school supplies please"

"Sure honey"

I went upstairs to bed got changed into my pj's and got under my covers and soon drifted of to sleep. I woke up and looked at the clock 9.30. I jumped out of bed I was running a bit late. I grabbed a towel and jumped in the shower, I got out and used magic to dry my hair and I picked a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a baggy jumper and threw on my brown ugss. I looked at the clock again 10.20. I ran down stairs and greeted Mum and Dad with a kiss then said goodbye grabbed a handful of flu powder and threw it into the fireplace and shouted Diagon ally. I got there just before everyone else.

( I decided to skip them shopping around cause its a bit boring)

"Bye Hermione I will send your birthday gift with Hedwig"

"Okay Ginny see you on the train to Hogwarts, Bye everyone"

One week later
I woke up and I was finally 18. Mum and Dad were stood at the end of the bed with a bit of paper with worried looks on there face.

"Mum, Dad what's in your hand"

"It's your real birth certificate your not really our daughter, you were put under a glamour charm and given to us when you were two because it wasn't safe for you with your real family"

I was shocked I wasn't a Granger then who was I, I took my birth certificate off Mrs Granger. I looked at in in big bold writing it said
Skyla Renee Gaunt Born August 15th 1997 Pureblood.
I was a Gaunt and my name was Skyla and I have always been a pureblood not a muggleborn

"You haven't just got a new name your appearance have changed because a Gaunt girl gets special powers when they turn 18"

I jumped out of bed and ran to my mirror I had changed dramatically my brown curly birdnest hair had turned black and was wavy, my eyes were now emerald green instead of a muddy brown, my nose was now smaller and my chin was a different shape. My body had also changed my stomach was smaller and my breasts were now bigger. If I didn't know it was me in the mirror I wouldn't regonise myself. I turned to the Grangers.

"Thank you for having me the past 18 years of my life but i am no longer your daughter and I don't want to be a bother so I am going to pack my things and get my own place thank you for everything you have done"

I got changed and grabbed my wand and flicked it and my suitcases started filling up finally everyhting was packed and Milly was in her cage. I said one last goodbye to the Grangers and apperated to muggle London and went inside a estates agents. I finally found a perfect place to live. It was a nice flat in central London so I brought it and moved in straight away. It was nice and cosy after I had placed everything I owed into it.
I decided I needed new clothes to go with the new me so I decided to go shopping. I got alot of dark clothes which consisted of crop tops, high waisted jeans, shorts and vest tops. On my way home I passed a tattoo and piercing shop so decided it would totally match my look to get a couple piercing and a tattoo. A few hours later I came out the shop with my nose, belly and ears pierced and I had a snake tattoo that went up my arm. As I walked home I was thinking about Hogwarts, I was still going to go but not as Hermione Granger because she no longer existed but I would go in as a new student called Skyla Renee Gaunt no one would ever recognise me and its not like anyone would really miss Hermione the fuzzy haired know it all beaver.