Cousin Stephine's

We got to Stephine's house way, way early in the morning. She lives in South Gate, California, it's really pretty there. They have a really big house, it's almost like a mansion, and a garden with a huge patio. I think that's what you call it...maybe I should say backyard area. Either way it's always sunny there, and warm. Perfect to use their really, really, big pool in. Hopping out of the car, I stretched my legs for a minute. I had been asleep for the whole ride, because it makes it go faster. Daddy used to tell me that when I asked if we were there yet a lot. He'd always tell me to take a nap, it made it go by faster and you have a chance of going on an extra adventure in your dreams. I liked my dreams, they were always fun. One time I had a dream that I had this partner, he was a tiger, and we went all over the world together. It was really fun, because I could understand him, and he was really good at telling jokes. Sorta like Daddy was.

Skipping towards the door, Auntie V already opened it for me, and I ran in, wrapping my arms around her leg as she patted my head. "Hello Jaycee. How are you?" She asked sweetly, and I smiled up at her. "Good, Do you know where Cousin Stephine is?" I asked, and she nodded. "She's in her room, getting everything ready for today."

"Thank you!" I grinned, heading up the half-spiral staircase, and ran into her room. "Stephine!" I squealed, as she looked up from her organizing. "Jay!" Her voice mimicked, and ran towards me wrapping her arms around me, before pulling away and looking down. Stephine was 7, so she was two years older then me, but we still got along really good. "Mother says that after breakfast, we can go swimming. But we have to wait an hour." She began, and I nodded excitedly. Auntie Veronica always cooked really good food. "What was she making?" I asked, sitting down on Stephine's bed.

"Mother was cooking her famous bacon and eggs, with homemade waffles." She listed, and I clapped my hands. "That's sounds yummy!" I jumped, and began to follow her downstairs. Only to find Mommy and Auntie V were outside talking to each other. "Mother says Uncle Will's base was destroyed." She began, sitting at the table, and I nodded. "Yeah it did, but Daddy wasn't in it." I reassure her.

"How do you know?"

"Because he went on a mission. He wasn't on that base."

"That's lucky. My friend at school lost her Mommy there. Father was speaking to her Dad this morning." Nodding slowly, I looked down at the table cloth. It was a pretty one with roses and flowers, that sorta swirled around in different patterns. Like rose, daisy, flower, daisy, flower, rose. It was memorizing. "Jaycee." A voice called, making my head shoot up, it was Mommy. "I'm going to be leaving now, okay? Be good for your Aunt and Uncle." She said, waving as she peaked in from the door. Nodding, I waved back smiling, "I will mommy. Tell the soldiers at the base I said HI!" I giggled, seeing mommy's face looked surprised, before she nodded. "I will, Sweet heart." She promised, as she closed the door and left me. Forgetting to say the one word that Daddy always said when he left me. That's another thing that made Mommy and Daddy different..Daddy ALWAYS said the same sentence to me, before he left. Mommy always seemed to forget too.

Shaking it off, I look towards Auntie V who was going back to cooking breakfast. "Stephine dear, why don't you and Jaycee go in the living room and watch some t.v." She suggested, and my cousin nodded. "Come on, we can watch Littlest Pet Shop." She offered, standing up and making her way towards the living room. I nodded quickly, and smiled. Pretending to be excited, since I didn't really like Littlest Pet Shop..it was an okay show..but i'd rather be watching something a little more boyish with adventure and fighting. Though Cousin Stephine wouldn't wanna watch that stuff, cause she's a girly girl. She liked having tea parties and dress up, Auntie V made sure of that. Mommy tried to get me to be girly alot too though, but I was more liked Daddy. She sometimes got mad when I said that though, yelling at me that I was a little lady and should act like one and not a tomboy. Daddy would always tell her that I take after him, and not being afraid to get dirty wasn't a bad thing..Mommy never seemed to listen to that. She would storm off, saying how Anna was going to be different, a real lady that Mommy could take out in public without being ashamed of. That's why Mommy named her Annabelle...it was a lady name...for her favorite little lady.