The Men in Suits

Now that I think about it Mommy and Aunt Veronica really do seem like sisters. I mean Mommy always said they were sisters, but I never really thought they were until now.

Mommy and Auntie V both like to scream...a lot, really loudly too, so loud that the whole town could probably wake up because of it. At least that's what Daddy says all the time. They also both like to squeeze you really really hard when their having a "drama momma mode." (Daddy also say's that's the word he uses when Mommy goes making mountains out of molehills and starts screaming and hugging everyone a lot.) It's kinda fun to say. Drama Momma Mode, Drama Momma Mode, Dramama Momma Mode. Even though it's hard to say five times fast.

I guess Aunt Veronica liked having drama momma modes too, because right now she was squeezing me to death, and I'm not being funny. Her pink smooth comfy cozy shirt was in my mouth and nose! I couldn't suck in any air at all, just pink fuzzy stuff. Uncle Derek saved me though, and that was good, but he was freaking out too. He came out with his cell phone and home phone both in his ears, and he gave Auntie V one too. Which is why she set me on the ground to take the call. It was a funny thing really. Uncle Derek and Aunt V were saying the exact same thing into the phones, but Uncle D was a little more confusing. Auntie V said "Yes, Police?" when she started talking, which meant she had called 911 or 119...it goes something like that I think. Anyway she called the policeman, while Uncle Derek called someone called the National Guard, and an operator. I don't know what either of those guys are, but they probably are like Fireman and Police, so they help people and keep them safe.

Standing in between Auntie V and Uncle Derek, my head jumps back and forth between their talking. They both kept talking about a meat-e-rr in the pool, and how footprints were in the backyard. I didn't remember seeing any footprints...I thought the metal man was pretty good at playing ninja. Maybe he forgot about footprints though, I know I always forget something when I'm trying to be quiet. Like one time I was trying to hide from Daddy and Uncle Epps in the living room, so I hid under a blanket on the chair. It was a really good hiding spot, because Daddy almost sat on me when I hid there last time, he said it was like I was invisable. That was my best hiding spot ever, so I tried hiding there again, but this time Uncle Epps pulled my hair a little, and they found me. I had forgotten to hide my hair under the blanket, so they saw it and I wasn't invisable anymore. I think the giant did the same thing, he must've tried to hide so fast that he forgot to hide his footprints before he left. I hope that doesn't get him found, because if he's found he might be sent away on a secret mission like Daddy was, and he wouldn't be able to find Daddy. That wouldn't be good.

"Pentagon?" I heard Uncle Derek ask in the back of my mind, and I snapped out looking at him. Why was he talking about shapes? What a silly time to say that, they were talking about the pool and the meat-e-rr not shapes. Maybe the operatator liked shapes though. That made sense, but it was still silly. The metal man broke Uncle Derek's pool, that was serious. Me and Cousin Stephine were going to swim in it tomorrow, and we couldn't swim if it was broken like that. We didn't need any shapes we needed a pool fixer to come and make the pool feel better. I wonder if Uncle Derek thinks the metal man broke the pool on purpose, I don't think he did. Maybe he got spotted by his anenemies and needed to hide fast so he picked the pool. It wasn't his fault, and he was going to maybe find Daddy for Mommy and me so we were even steven now.

Should I tell that to Uncle right now? If he was getting the metal man in trouble, I think I should. Daddy always said to protect the good people. That metal man was a good person, anyone with that color eyes had to be good right? They were blue and purple, and all swirly kinda. He had really pretty eyes, I only got to see them for a little while, but he did have pretty eyes. I think all good people have pretty eyes. Daddy has them and so does Mommy, so it makes a lot of sense that all people with pretty eyes are good.