chapter six // 21 questions.

Louis' POV

There's nearly not a single word muttered once our food reaches our table. All of us had been starving, so we didn't dare waste a moment. Not even Tyler had tried getting us to act civilized, he was just as bad as us. Belches echo throughout the table, causing a few disgusted looks to be casted in our direction.

Even through the corner of my eye, I saw Mia scarfing down her food quickly. But she normally does that. Whenever I think about what she's already gone through on this little 'journey' of hers, it really gets me frustrated. I try not to dwell on it too much.

Knowing very well if she caught me watching her eat, I'd be a dead man, I give her privacy.

From across the table, I catch Harry's watchful gaze. He doesn't quickly glance away once I make eye-contact either. He's too busy watching me with concentration. I shoot him a puzzled glance in return.

"Hey Mia," Harry calls out, as soon as she puts pushes her plate away from her slightly, sitting back in her chair.

Her eyes go up, suspiciously - as they had when I first met her as well - confusion causing her eyebrows to furrow together. Despite how hard I'm trying to make her feel comfortable among us, the other guys haven't quite warmed up to her yet.

"What?" She asks, her voice sounding guarded, not at all the same tone she uses with me.

I watch Harry carefully as well, just in case he decides to do something to make an idiot out of himself. You never know with him...

"Wanna play a game?" He asks, a smirk on his lips. Both Mia and my faces twist into even more confusion. She glances to me and I continue to watch Harry carefully, "Chill out, Lou. It's 21 questions; it's harmless," He laughs and rolls his eyes.

This should bring me relief, but instead it makes me even more suspicious. 21 questions is a game we play with girls we're interested in and want to get to know better. The last time we played the game was when Harry brought Olivia over. I had suggested it just to irritate Harry and make him think I was hitting up his date.

So either Harry's interested in Mia - which I'm sure Olivia wouldn't be too happy about - or he's trying to get a rise out of me (which I have no reason to be irritated with him. I'm not interested in Mia like that).

Mia glances towards me, still confused.

"It's just a game we play to get to know people," I shrug, pretending not to care.

But the mere thought of Harry being interested in Mia makes my blood boil. He's already got Olivia, now he has to go and flirt with a girl that I bring around. Granted I'm not bringing her around like that, but still... He just can't help himself, can he?

"Um..." She hesitates.

I'm sure 21 questions is the last game she wants to play. She's far to mysterious and guarded to just give out pieces of information for free. Especially not to Harry and the others, who weren't exactly welcoming towards her in the beginning.

"It's a really fun game, c'mon!" Niall joins in, nodding enthusiastically.

For the first time, I bring my attention to the others at the table with us. Liam, Niall and Zayn are all looking at Mia with a friendly smile on their face. I know all this secretiveness with Mia is killing them. They hate that I refuse to tell them about her.

"Unless you're too shy, that's fine then," Harry shrugs, looking at her with that competitive gleam in his eyes.

By the new expression on Mia's face, I can tell she's taking that exactly the way Harry had intended; a challenge. That familiar stubborn expression takes home on her face again. I've seen much of it since I've met her.