chapter fifteen // surprise, surprise.

Mia's POV

"Good work tonight, kid," Tyler claps me on the back as the boys all rush off stage, finishing their concert up.

I let out a loud sigh as I plop down on the closest chair I can find. Unfortunately when the performance is over, our night is far from coming to an end. After the concert there is usually an hour or so of meet and greets. Fans who are drowning in their money pay ridiculous amounts to come backstage and snap a photo with the boys.

That means Tyler, Lou and I get to sit around and wait for them, trying our hardest not to get in the way. Usually Lou and I head back on the tour bus and start winding down. But tonight she's run off somewhere, leaving me behind to suffer with boredom.

"We're going out to eat tonight, sound good?" Louis comes up to me, running as fast as he can because he's got to be ready to meet fans in less than ten minutes.

Letting out a big yawn, I simply nod, not caring what we do. My stomach gurgles a bit, letting me know that it appreciates that idea very much.

"We'll try to be quick," He laughs and gives me a big hug with his soaked-with-sweat body.

I let out a loud groan, trying my hardest to push him away. I can feel my clothes becoming damp beneath his grip.

"You're disgusting!" I groan, finally wriggling free from his grip.

He laughs and runs away before I can chase after him and tackle him to the ground.

Dragging my feet, I look around to pick up all my things; my sketchbook, water bottle, purse and slip on my shoes to head on out into the tour bus to freshen up a bit and perhaps get in a nap before we go out.

I search backstage to find a bodyguard not doing anything so he can escort me to the tour bus. After the little incident yesterday Tyler told me I shouldn't go anywhere without one of the big guys following me. I find it all incredibly frustrating and annoying, but I'm not gonna get trapped by the paparazzi by myself. Who knows what would happen then?

Finally after a few minutes I see a big man - I'm assuming is a bodyguard - sitting in the corner on his phone. I approach him when I hear a loud shout of excitement burst from across the room.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here!" Tyler says loudly, making me spin around to see what in the hell is going on.

Standing beside Lou are two very pretty, and very different girls. One of them looks oddly familiar, as if I had seen her before. She has dark hair with straight across bangs hitting her eyebrows. She's dressed in a very simple black dress with patterned galaxy leggings on. She is the definition of 'cute'.

The other girl on the other hand looks the total opposite. She's wearing a pair of ripped black jeans and an old, vintage Metallica shirt that hangs off her shoulder. She's got on a pair of chunky black boots very similar to my own. Her hair is in choppy layers and the tips of her dark hair is dyed different shades of blue, purples and greens.

"Mia, come here! We need to make introductions!" Lou calls me over, waving rather excitedly at me.

The two girls glance at me with confusion. Tyler gives me an encouraging smile as if he already knew my reluctance to make new friends.

Taking cautious steps I approach the two girls, keeping my eyes glued on the cute one, knowing I've seen her somewhere. Tyler places a friendly hand on my shoulder and pulls me closer into the group. I keep my chest held high, keeping that intimidating vibe I always put out when I just meet someone. It's a sort of defense mechanism.

"Mia, this is Olivia and Tea," Tyler points, putting names to the faces, "Olivia and Tea, this is Mia,"

My eyes widen with recognition.