chapter twenty-seven // confessional.

Louis' POV

The bodyguard and I walk the entire way back to the tour bus in an awkward silence. I think he knows I need a few moments to myself before I get back to the group.

How could I be so stupid?

Anxiety and regret fills my entire body. I can feel my hands shaking, so I stuff them in my pockets. I try not to let my mind wander back to the incident that occurred mere minutes ago, but I can't stop thinking about it.

I've never kissed a girl like that before. It felt like it; like you know... The kiss. It was everything I had fantasized about and more. The fireworks going off inside my chest, weak at the knees, not being able to think about anything else beside her.

It had it all.

All of that only makes matters worse. I wish I could have kissed her and felt nothing; that way I can get over my feelings for her and let her go back to Shiloh with no regrets. Now letting her go is going to be damn near impossible. The thought alone was enough to make me choke up.

But perhaps all that isn't going to be a problem now. She's gone and run off. I wouldn't be surprised if I never saw her again. I don't blame her. I completely overstepped my boundaries. I should have been a gentleman and respected the fact that she has a boyfriend.

I'm no better than that creepy guy I scared away from Mia the day I met her...

"So, you and Sassy, huh?" The bodyguard - Daimon - breaks me from my thoughts.

The entire crew calls Mia 'Sassy' just because when they do, it drives her crazy. They're all head over heels for her too. She seems to have that effect on everyone she meets...

"No, no, no," I shake my head persistently, "Not at all."

Daimon gives me a sideways glance but he doesn't say anything. He knows very well that Mia isn't just some girl that is free game for us to fool around with. He knows that if I had made a move on her and she didn't want it, she'd kick my ass.

So he just lets out a small 'hmm' before giving me my privacy once again. He certainly doesn't need to tell me the whole situation's messed up...

I definitely understand that.

* * * *

We get back to the tour bus after quite a walk. I can feel my palms sweating as my heart beats loudly in my chest. What if Mia's still here? What if she wants to talk about that whole incident? I'm going to have to tell her about my feelings, otherwise I'll just be another tool that's taking advantage of her.

Perhaps it's time to tell her my feelings anyways. That way I'm no longer throwing myself at her out of nowhere. If I had just told her that day on the bus, then we wouldn't be having all these problems. There would be a concrete definition of our relationship.

Daimon pats me on the back as I mount the bus stairs. I take a deep breath before forcing myself inside.

I'm greeted by a very quiet tour bus. I nearly didn't see Harry seated on the sofa, concentrated on something on his phone, as he often is.

"Where is everyone?" I ask, causing him to jump slightly.

Harry's eyes light up when he sees me, as if he had been waiting up for me. He jumps to his feet and rushes to my side.

"Asleep, but mate, something weird is going on," Harry's hisses quietly, which is odd since he just said everyone was asleep.

I give him a puzzled look, praying that it actually is something weird; weird enough to get my mind off of Mia. I don't even want to ask if she's back yet. I don't want to know...