chapter eleven // non-contact sport.

Mia's POV

I let out the world's largest groan as I hear my phone ringing from the bedside table. Without opening my eyes, I answer it,

"What?" I snap, not even trying to be anything less than the walking dead.

"Rise and shine cupcake, we've got a long day ahead of us. You better get your arse out of bed and be down in the lobby in the next half hour," Tyler tells me, being exceptionally irritating this morning.

I open my mouth to yell at him, but he hangs up before I even can get my favorites out. It looks like he's starting to catch on.

Sifting through the bag of clothes I just bought yesterday, I pick out tie-dye maxi dress. Knowing I've got to put aside time to grab a coffee down in the lobby, I throw my hair into a messy bun, keeping it all in check with a simple bandanna that I keep tied around my duffel bag straps. It's pretty much the only thing of Shiloh's that I didn't dump on his front lawn in our last argument.

Slipping on my boots, I grab my purse and head out the door. The minute the door shuts behind me, I let out a loud swear word.

Dammit. Of course, I would lock my room key inside my room. That's exactly my luck. I'm sure someone else has a spare, or would know where to get one.

I direct myself towards Louis' room, but stop dead in my tracks. Our argument from last night enters my brain, causing me to be angry all over again. I don't want to see him until absolutely necessary; there's no way in hell I'd ask him for help.

Instead I direct my attention to the door next to his. It's slightly open already, making my life a whole lot easier.

Not bothering to even knock, I poke my head into the room. Instead of catching the boys asleep or naked - thankfully - I see Harry seated on the hotel floor with a guitar in his hands. He's strumming the chords to some song. Being the nosey one I am, I peer further into the room, searching for Liam. Instead I see a laptop sitting on the floor in front of Harry.

"Okay, here we go, I hope you enjoy," Harry talks into the laptop.

Just over his shoulder I can see the face of a pretty brunette with straight-across bangs on his screen. She smiles at Harry adoringly and waits for him to start his song.

Unable to help myself, I lean against the door frame, making myself comfortable.

"Whenever I close my eyes I picture you there.
I'm looking out at the crowd, you're everywhere.
I'm watching you from the stage, yeah.
Your smile is on every face now.
But every time you wake up, you're hearing me say;
Goodbye,"

Harry starts to sing his heart out, not caring that it can be heard all the way down the hall. It's not a song they've been singing on tour, so it must be one he's written just for her.

Don't get me wrong, I hate cheesy romances as much as every other sarcastic girl does, but I can't contain the smile that appears on my face. Perhaps it's just because I never expected such words to leave the mouth of Harry Styles.

"Baby, you don't have to worry.
I'll be coming back for you, back for you, back for you,
You.
Lately, I've been going crazy.
So I'm coming back for you, back for you, back for you,
You."

You can tell the lyrics are 100% genuine as they leave his lips. He shyly glances at the camera, as if he were a little embarrassed to be singing them directly for her. That only makes his performance a million times more adorable.

Not wanting to get caught, and wanting to hear the rest of it even more, I hide behind the door frame. I do my best to not distract Olivia from her man, though by the look on her face, her house could be on fire and she wouldn't notice.