chapter twenty-one // paint splattered teardrops.

Mia's POV

With a large warning to be back to the venue on time, Tyler releases us into the wild. He pretty much forces us out of the tour bus, saying we've been cooped up for too long. I don't think the cramp space is what's causing the problems.

Heidi is.

I was content - or rather attempting to be content - with her presence. If she made Louis happy then what kind of friend would I be to throw a fit over her? But now that she's exposed herself and the fact that she could possibly be the spawn of Satan, I'm not going to be okay.

I've never met someone who has hated me so fiercely for no apparent reason. People like that don't make sense to me. Sure, I'm not the biggest bundle of joy to those I'm just meeting, but I've never verbally attacked someone the way she did.

I shake my head, trying to rid it of thoughts of Heidi, knowing it'll only continue to ruin my already damp mood.

"So, what do we do now?" Niall asks as we all sit on the curb outside the tv studio.

You can tell Heidi's appearance has brought all of our moods into a downwards spiral. Zayn puffs from his cigarette with a bitterness that's obvious.

"I say we find the nearest pub and get totally wasted," Harry grumbles, not even trying to hide his bad mood.

"I'm in," I grumble back, kicking a rock back and forth between my feet.

"I'm gonna have to veto that one, sorry mates," Liam says, letting out a deep sigh.

Instead we sit in silence, each letting our poor moods brew inside. Getting completely trashed sounds like the best solution to forgetting our problems. It would create more problems for later tonight but at least it'd make us feel better now.

I don't think I've ever felt so shitty before.

We're all pulled from our thoughts by a loud, deafening scream coming from down the road. Our heads snap to see a group of about five girls racing towards us at top speed.

The fans are chasing after us more often than not nowadays.

The lads all get up to their feet quickly, not wanting to deal with anyone at this moment. Before I even have time to freeze up, Liam is bending down to scoop me up in his arms. He carries me bridal style as Zayn flags down a taxi.

Niall and Harry's laugh can be heard over the screams as they follow closely behind me. Feeling absolutely ridiculous in Liam's arms, like a small child, I can't help but to let out a laugh as well.

I'm sure we look like the biggest group of freaks racing down the street. Zayn literally steps out in the  middle of the street to get a taxi to stop for us. He throws the backdoor open and jumps in. Liam tosses me in next as he, Niall and Harry pile in as well, all of us on top of one another.

The driver looks at us as if we were absolutely insane. I let out a loud groan as Niall sits on top of my lap, making it incredibly difficult to breathe.

"Just drive for a minute, will you?" Liam asks politely as the fans race up to the taxi windows.

The driver has to speed away quickly, causing the fans to jump backwards to avoid being ran over. Harry continues to wave and blow kisses to them out the window, being the complete flirt that he is.

"Oi, did you see Liam carrying Mia?" Niall asks, still unable to contain his laughter, "He looked like one of those football players," He has to wipe the tears from his eyes, that's how hard he's laughing.

A smile creeps up on my face as the boys all laugh at him, as they often do. It seems Niall's always laughing about something. I wish I had that outlook on life.