Part 9

August POV
Pow ! Pow! Pow! Jumping out of my sleep I look around to see the sun shining in my apartment , just a dream lately I've been having the same dream over and over that's the third time I've woke up in cold sweat this week . Wiping the sweat off of my face I reach over and take my phone from off its charger , getting up and making my way to the bathroom .

After I brushed my teeth I walked down the hall to the kitchen and opened the fridge to see what I had to eat not really in the mood for breakfast I just grabbed a water out of the fridge and walk into the living room . I sit on the couch and began to scroll on the Instagram app all I see is tbh pictures , like for rates ,stuff like that and a few pics of Ronnie he made me follow him . Oh damn I was suppose to call kalani clicking on her name I began to hear the phone ring .

"yello?" She says in a happy tone " hey , you wanted me to call you right ? " I asked " oh yeah silly me . " she said laughing a little is this girl nervous ? "Are you okay ? You seem a little nervous " I say laughing she wasn't nervous yesterday " yes a bit I'm not use to meeting new people " I hear her say , new people ? "It's okay ... But umm I'll first like to apologize for the way I was acting towards you when we first met I just had a lot going on and well .. I'm sorry " I say usually I never apologize for a thing I say but I feel that was needed , a nigga walked around mad at the world when things get better . That's why I began to loosen up on the attitude and humble myself . " it's alright we all have our bad times ." She responded " yeah ... Well you wouldn't know half of it " I say laughing a bit , I'm not about to tell her my whole life story neither how I was 4 months ago .

A nigga just not like that " yeah ..... Well tell me about yourself Mr . Alsina " I hear her say laughing "well I'm 18 , I'm from New Orleans as you can tell and I'm starting UCLA in the fall " I respond taking a sip of my water " oh c'mon , I know that tell me about your favorite color , favorite song , movie stuff like that " she says . Is it me or is this girl too attentive in a good way though , I never actually had anyone want to get to know me rather than what's in my pants . " alright alright um-" I began to say as she cut me off " seems like the phone thing isn't working can you meet me at the Starbucks on Columbus Avenue ? " she said playfully I guess I have some spending money since I'm still working and I already have 7,000 already for college . I'll just use some of last weeks paycheck " sure , um in about a hour ? " I ask , "sure , see you there ?" she asked " yeah .. See ya ." I say hanging up , getting up off the couch to get ready .

Kalani POV
"Hey just because you're not a virgin doesn't mean I have to not be " I say sipping my coffee "you're going to have to lose it one day " she says , " and that day is the day my dad kills me " I reply back laughing , as I sip on my coffee . Looking over I see August coming in the shop " hey Si I'll call you back " I say hanging up not waiting for her to respond , I really don't have time to be questioned by her or anyone today , it's just friends getting to know each other better . "Hey" August said while pulling out his chair , taking his seat "hey, aren't you going to get something ? " I say raising my eyebrow he looks good casual but with a pop I like it . Oh no I'm becoming Serenity " I would get something to drink but 1 . Not a coffee person and 2. I don't know what to order I never had Starbucks before ." He said chuckling rubbing through his hair a bit "never !?" I yell in a whisper seeing him shake his head and reply " never ma " , " well today's your lucky day , up up " I say pulling him out of his seat to the line . " soo since you don't like coffee I think a refresher would be perfect for you , let's say a lime one ? " I ask smiling at him " whatever you think taste good " he says laughing and slightly pushing me up to the counter "hello welcome to Starbucks how may I help you " the cashier said with a smile , who doesn't love Starbucks frankly who hasn't been to Starbucks " can I get one large lime refresher please " I say feeling August grab my hand what the hell is he doing .