Part 10

August POV
Now being two months(August now) since me and Kalani went to the arcade ever since then we've become really close friends . Looking at my empty apartment I sigh with a smile , finally moving day . It's about 7 in the morning our planes leaves for Cali at 10 giving us about a little over 2 hours . Two weeks ago we got a letter from UCLA telling us to be on campus at today at 11:30 to get our dorms and get to know our room mate but I can say now a nigga not down with that . Closing my last box I walk outside shutting the trunk of my car signaling for the truck driver to pull off with it.

Yes a nigga got a car , an all black 2015 mustang what can I say saving up was worth it but it's sure as hell isn't work me shipping my car all the way to LA . "This is the last box ,right ?" Kalani asks lifting up the box I just closed .Kalani ? In my apartment ? Yeah , it's not in the condition it was at first so I decided to let her come over to help . "Yeah " I said said laughing while she picking up the box carrying it to the U-haul . Grabbing my picture frame of Mel putting it in my carry on bag , I take my phone off charge and check the time 7:50 good .

" Kalani we better get going to get serenity things it's 7:50 " I yell outside to her while taking a look at how empty the place is . I'm really going to miss this place now it's just a memory , but I wouldn't say a bad one . "it was nice while it lasted " I said to myself chuckling a bit   . "The last box is in , you ready ?" She says smiling " yeah just let me go give him the key " I say smiling back turning the light off and closing the door walking down stairs to the rent office "well well well , finally moving out ." Mr.banks the tenant says smiling and propping his elbows up on the desk "yeah , thank your old ass helping me out when I first came " I say throwing the keys in his desk laughing. 

He may have been the most persistent nigga I've ever saw with the rent money but he gave me chances after chances and I appreciate that ."old ? I'm 63 as young as it get " he replied standing up coming and sitting on the end of the front of his desk. "Right ...... Young" I say chuckling rubbing the back of my neck . "You know you've always been annoying , stubborn ,and stuck up ....but I haven't seen that lately ... I like it you've matured , you take care you hear ? I'm here if you need another place to stay " he said hugging me I've never saw this side of his old mean ass but he has a good heart . Nodding my head pulling away he said " have fun at that college of yours , make your family proud " he replied standing up putting his glasses on .

"I will , see you later Mr.banks " I say smiling walking out the office to kalani dad car. "to pick up Serenity we go , she's probably asleep still" she says playfully rolling her eyes starting up the car driving off . It took up about a hour to get to the air port since we had stop and pick up serenity who wasn't dressed at all . Then had the nerve to want to stop and get coffee . Pulling up at the air port we pull up in front of everyone waiting for us .

"Damn took you long enough" Chris  says as we get in the car "because serenity bald head ass wasn't ready " I said picking up my carry on and pushing pushing her head out the way . "your going to stop touching me alsina and for your information I was .... I was just cat napping because Yall took so long !" she replied rolling her eyes slapping the back of my neck . I've got closer to everyone else too , it's like a mini squad ya know ?" Can you guys stop" Kalani mom said laughing rolling our eyes at each other we made our way inside the air port ."you have everything right ?" Carol asks checking my bag laughing I grab my bag from her "yes , I double checked before I left , stop worrying so much I got this " I say pulling out my passport Carol treats me like her own son , over protective , loving ...the way a mother should be . "I can't believe you guys are leaving so soon" Ronnie mom says wiping her tears " ma what I say in the car I don't want you crying okay ? Besides We haven't even got checked in yet so be calm " Ron said rubbing her back making his way to check in .

Kalani POV
After an hour of checking in were finally at the front of the line for security searches " have you emptied out your pockets ? " the guard asks nodding . She replies " stand up straight , legs and arms out " as she began to pay me down looking over I see August being pat down in the other lane " yo , is yall suppose to pat close to my dick damn yall sure go out with the shit " he said with his arms out . laughing I say "August stop running your mouth and let him do his job " walking through the metal detector. Wow they really take airport flights serious especially here . "you can walk out now " she says pushing me through while another guard looks though my purse . Rude .

It took us over a hour to even get settled its 9:45 in the morning and I'm beat . " second call for all boarding flight 679 " I hear them say over the intercom . "That's us" Chris said standing up from the bench signaling everyone else to stand up too . " um if you guys are on flight 679 and have been checked you need to keep moving " the guard says " sorry can we just say goodbye to our parents ... College students ya know ?" Ronnie said chuckling the guard seemed a bit hesitant but gave in . "fine 3 minutes make it quick , I'm not suppose to be letting you do this because you've already been through security check . " he replied walking away walking towards us we see our parents and Carol .

August POV
"You go out there and do good boy" carol said hugging me , hugging her back I pull away nodding . "I will mama C " I replied hugging her again . I'm really am going to miss her "great lord boy you went from don't touch me to giving out hugs like food samples in a grocery store " she says laughing rubbing my back .

"I'm just really going to miss you ...really " I said pulling away once again smiling . "I'm going to miss you to sweetheart , now get on that plane ... Have fun but not too much focus on becoming the singer you want to be ." She replied as her eyes get watery . Oh lord . I look around to see everyone hugging as tight as they could .

"Flight 679 leaves in 10 minutes one more minute and you have to get on !" the guard yells to us nodding I turn to see kalani dad walking towards me ."watch my daughter Alaina " he said putting my shoulder  did this nigga just say Alania ? "Dad im 18 I can watch myself " she said rolling her eyes . " shush up grown folks talking but I will . And my name not no Damn Alaina and you know that Lenard " I say laughing , I don't take it personal because he's a joker . "Cmon guys times up on the plane you go " the gaurd came up to us saying . Damn I know he trying to make sure we catch our flight but he can hop off a nigga a bit . Giving our one last hug we say our goodbyes and make our way to the plane . LA here I come baby .

(( Soooo as you can see in this part in changing up a few things as I said so just be on a look out for changes not major changes though . I will be updating everyday from now on until , so I can get to the juicy parts you guys want . I know this chapter was kind of boring , writers block is complete hell so thank you for being so patient , I love you guys . XO))
Ps: that's Kalani dad .