Chapter 1

Bellamy's POV
I walk out of the training room my head held high. I gripped the piece that was in my hand with excitement. I finally could take care O and mom without having to steal. Or beg. Or "borrow" anything. I had trained to be a guard for the past 8 or 9 months. I didn't get to be a prison guard right way, you had to be a patrol guard part time for a while. But since I kicked ass in training I only had to be a patrol guard for about a week, then I got to be a prison guard. As a prison guard you get assigned a prisoner to watch over. You escort your prison to the bathrooms, the mess hall, visiting hours, and anything else that needed to be done. It doesn't sound to exciting, but the pay could keep O, my mom, and I well feed which is what we really need. I make my way down to Commander Shumway's office. "Ah Mr.Blake!" He says with enthusiasm that I can tell is fake, but choose to ignore. "Commander." I say fake smiling at him, I never liked that man very much but I needed the money desperately so I acted like I liked him. "Mr.Blake-" Shumway starts but is cut off by a girls yelling voice. "LET GO OF ME!" The girl screeched, I walk outside Shumway's off and notice the screaming girl. Two guards have her and she's flailing her legs like a mad women, she attempts to break free of the guards grip but is unsuccessful. The girl has blonde hair that's pulled back in a braid, and when she looks up I notice her intriguing blue eyes. Her eyes lock with mine, and she stops her screaming and kicking and stares. Her eyes are enchanting, I'm hypnotized. Are gazed is sadly interrupted by Shumway clearing his throat. He makes is way towards the girl. Her attention snaps to him. Shumway puts his hand on her cheek, "We have a privileged I see." He says with a smug smile on his face. "Get your hands off of me." She spats trying to move her face away from away from Shumway's touch. "We'll take real good care of you here." He says with a devilish smile. The girl spits in his face which causes me to laugh silently. The girl smirks and Shumway sends her away. He turns around back to me, "Now where were me Mr.Blake?"