Chapter 2

Clarke's POV
The guards throw me into a cell. "Welcome home prisoner 319." One of the guards says. "Don't I get a babysitter?" I ask the guards in an annoyed and cocky voice. "You get your guard tomorrow." The other guard says and with that they leave. Once I hear the door click I get up off the floor and look around. My cell has a brass bed and a small chest. There's spare clothes in there, and that's about it. I take one of the pieces of black charcoal from my pocket. The floor of my cell is feels like stone. I drew pictures of whatever for a few hours when the guard told me it was lights out. I changed into sweatpants and laid in my bed. I began to sob. I had watched my father get floated yesterday, I knew my mother told the council about my father. I sobbed and felt sorry for myself for what seemed like ever. I eventually felt my eyelids get heavy and drift off to sleep.
-
The guards woke us up by pounding on the door. I woke and got dressed. After a few minutes Commander Shumway came in with the boy I saw yesterday. He had amazing dark brown eyes that made me feel indescribable. "Prisoner 319 this is your new guard Cadet Blake." Shumway says then turns and leaves. The boy leans against the wall on right of the door. "My names Clarke." I say to him. He hesitates to respond but says, "I'm Bellamy." I give him a small smile and turn around to start drawing. I occasionally look back to see what Bellamy's doing but he's always staring at his feet. I continue to draw for a while. When I turn around Bellamy is close to me and is looking over my shoulder. I jump, "Didn't mean to startle you." he mumbles. "You have to eat dinner soon." He says walking back to the wall. "I'm not hungry." I say. "Well you have to eat." I turn around and stand up. "Are you going to make me?" I ask crossing my arms. "No." He says taking a step forward a smirk on his face, "but you still need to go to the mess hall." "I don't want to." I say taking a step forward like he did. "Prisoner 319 are you talking back to a guard?" His smirk grows a little bit bigger, he takes another step and comes awfully close to me. "I have a name." I say taking a step, are bodies now touching. "Sorry Princess." Bellamy says and leans in. "Princess?" I ask putting my arms around his neck pulling him closer. "Suits you." He mumbles and pulls me closer. Our lips are just seconds away from touching.