Chapter One

{I want to dedicate this chapter to @Z_White for making the covers for this series. You are utterly amazing! Thanks you so, so much}

Bella's POV

     These violent delights have violent ends... I fought through a crowd of red cloaked strangers in the sun. I looked up to see the clock tower; the big hand moved to 12:00. Then the scene changed. I emerged from the forest into a glade of flowers, then looked across to see my grandmother. Wait, Gran? I looked next to me to see Edward.

     "Edward, don't. She'll see you," I whispered to him. He took my hand and pulled me gently toward my grandmother.

     "Gran, I'd like you to meet Edward," I said. The words came out of my grandmother's mouth at the same time, only I couldn't hear them. Then I realized the older, wrinkled woman was me...when I'm old.

//////////

Aubrey's POV

     I started getting ready for school ten minutes before we would leave. I pulled on a floral print peasant top, black skinny jeans, and black high heeled ankle boots. I threw my blue silver-studded backpack over my shoulder and grabbed my phone before grabbing the small gift wrapped box from my desk.

     I rushed down the stairs in a flash and grabbed a piece of toast from the plate on the kitchen table. I looked around at my siblings; Daniel was putting his contacts in and placing the case with the spare pair in his pocket, Amara and Hayley were wrapping gifts for Bella, and Ian was reading some motorcycle magazine.

     Amara and Hayley had graduated last year, Ian never went to school, I had become a junior and Daniel was a senior this year. I slid the small box in the outside pocket of my backpack and stood next to Daniel.

     "You ready for school?" I asked, smiling. I was the only one that wanted to go to school every time we moved. Our parents never really pressured us to go, but it was fun. He nodded and we headed to the front door.

     I grabbed my keys on the way out and we hopped in my truck. Once we got to school, I parked in the space between the familiar silver Volvo and the yellow Porsche. I got out and headed inside to meet Edward and Bella. We found them just before the bell rang by the stairs. I snuck up behind her and covered her eyes.

     "Guess who?" I sang. She gasped and tried to remove my hands.

     "Aubrey?" she said quietly. I chuckled and moved my hands, turning her around. I grabbed the box from my bag and handed it to her. Her faced turned red and I played with her hair.

     "I know you said no presents, but I couldn't resist. I got you a pair of little Starbucks earrings. We're matching!" I exclaimed as I pulled my hair back to reveal my earrings.

////////

     School was boring, as usual, and I was just ready for Bella's party. My dad couldn't go, but the rest of our family would be at the Cullen's. I didn't even stop to say goodbye to anyone as I dragged Daniel to the truck and we sped off.

     I hadn't even picked out my outfit for the party, but it had to be on point. Once we got home, I ignored my siblings and my mom, running upstairs to get ready. After a couple of hours of searching for an outfit, I settled on a Corina sequin bodice chiffon dip hem dress with spaghetti straps.

     The top was white while the high-low skirt was black. It went perfect with a pair of peep open-toe high heel platforms in my closet.

     When we finally arrived and Edward brought Bella down the stairs, Alice and I were the first to suggest opening presents. She was wearing Alice's presents: a dress and flats.

     Rosalie got her an expensive diamond encrusted bracelet which Rose was reluctant to give her. I snuggled into Emmett's side as my family face her their gifts.

     Mom and dad bought her a red agate heart choker, Hayley got a bunch of phone cases that I had helped pick out, Amara bought a sheet music black rubber bracelet, Daniel and Ian got her a gold cuff bracelet with some exciting design on it.

     All of their presents trumped mine and made the Starbucks earrings look dreadful. Until Bella absentmindedly pushed some hair behind her ear and my face lit up when I saw that she wore the earrings!

     Emmett gave her an empty box and she opened it, a confused look on her face. I giggled and Emmett smiled.

     "I bought you a stereo for your truck, but I've already installed it," he chuckled. I raised my hand, claiming that it was idea, which it was. Then it was all moving in slow motion as I saw Bella slice her finger on the wrapping paper of Esme and Carlisle's gift.

     A drop of blood landed on the carpet. Jasper immediately lunged for he as he was unable to resist the temptation of her blood. Edward threw Bella back against a glass table and repelled Jasper. The table and dishes broke and she fell to the floor with a thud.

     Jasper was thrown into the piano. I tried to move, but I felt as if my feet were glued to the floor. I was stuck there. Jasper got up quickly, mad for blood. Emmett, Carlisle, and Edward jumped forward to hold him off. I looked at Bella, whose right arm was seriously cut by the glass shards.

     Even Alice looked tempted by the sight and smell of blood.

     "I-I'm sorry," she whispered, leaving the room.

     "Edward, leave," Carlisle said sternly. Edward was sort of transfixed by the sight of a blessing Bella, several feet away. He left the room to talk to Jasper, who would only listen to him.

     Carlisle and I helped Bella to his office so that he could stitch up her arm. I set her up on his desk and gathered the things he told me to get.

     "How can you two resist my blood?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows. I handed a needle and thread to Carlisle and gathered the bandages in my hands.

     "Practice," he answered.

     "I like human food." I winked at Bella and she half smiled.