Chapter Three

"Well, it's just us. Jessica bailed and Angela is home with the stomach flu. Eric is taking care of her." She shrugged and we bought our tickets.

A few minutes after we settled into the movie, Mike got up and ran to the bathroom during a particularly gross part. Bella got up to follow him and we all followed her. When she and Jake started having an awkward conversation, I stepped in and told them we were leaving.

////////

"Emmett, do you think it's not a good idea to have a baby anymore?" I asked as we sat on my bed. I bit my lip and looked up at him.

"What? I thought you didn't want a baby anymore," he said, wrapping his arms around me.

"Of course I want a baby, Aubrey!" He leaned away from me and kissed my forehead.

"I'm scared that it'll be hard raising a baby with all this vampire drama that seemed to follow Bella around... I know it's not her fault that James was stupid, but I'm afraid Victoria is still lurking around. And what if the baby grows too fast, Emmett? We'll miss out on everything that parents are supposed to do. He or she will probably be a grown teenager in a few months..."

I looked down sadly at the floor. Emmett tilted my chin up and looked into my eyes.

"Aubrey, it doesn't matter. What matters is that we'll have a child," he whispered.

I smiled up at him and stretched up on my tip toes to kiss his lips. He picked me up under my thighs and I wrapped my legs around his waist. This was it; it was actually happening. I was so nervous because this was Emmett and I was hopelessly and madly in love with him...

//////////

"Do you think regular pregnancy tests will work, Carlisle? I mean, I'm not pregnant yet, I know, but I might be very soon. Oh, what the hell am I saying?! I can't even pee!" I said into the phone as I moved the bacon around in the pan on the stove.

"I'm not sure, Aubrey, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Once you find out or show any signs of pregnancy, call me and I'll make a visit. How is Emmett? And Bella?" he asked the last two questions quietly.

I turned and looked into the living room to see Emmett watching TV and his head popped up when he heard Carlisle talking.

"We're doing great. Thanks for asking. Bella is...doing better, finally. Emmett and I went out with her and some friends from school last night." I didn't tell him who else went...

As soon as I got off the phone, Bella called, asking me to come over for a couple of days. Emmett decided to leave us to our girl time and packed for Alaska. I packed a few things for school and whatnot, then headed to the Swan residence.

///////

"Hey, Aubrey. How's it going, honey?" Charlie asked when be opened the front door, smiling brightly.

He may not like Edward anymore--which I'm not sure he ever did--but he loved me. Again, I'm not the one who ran away from Bella and left her in the woods.

"Hey, Charlie! I'm good. Where's Bells?" I asked, cradling my duffle bag.

He gestured to the kitchen and I walked toward the little room off the living room. Bella stood in front of the oven, checking the lasagna. When she heard my footsteps, she whirled around and smiled.

"Hey, Aub," she said quietly. We had known each other for a year or more and she was still timid. I hugged her and sat at the table.

"What's bothering you, Bella? And don't tell me 'nothing', because I can tell something is wrong." I raised my eyebrows and she sighed, sitting across from me at the table.

"I've been having these dreams and visions of Edward... It's weird. I have nightmares about him leaving me, Victoria, and everything. Then when I'm about to...do something dangerous, he kind of appears and urges me not to do it.

"And now I'm, like, longing for Jacob. I don't know what I like about him. I definitely don't love him like I love--loved--Edward, but it's something different. He just ran off last night and I left him messages, but he's not returning them.

"Charlie is friends with his dad and I called him, but he said Jake has mononucleosis!" She growled deeply and I laughed.

"Calm down, babe. He's a boy and he's young. He's probably going through puberty and doesn't want you to hear his voice changing or something." And I just laughed it off, changing the direction of the conversation.

I knew what was happening to him: he had phased and from what Bella told me, he's been close for weeks now. And the alpha would order him not to be around her or talk to her for her safety.
-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N: I made the picture above myself, so please, do not try to copy it. Thanks(: