Chapter Five

Bella's POV

     I needed to find the place where I could see him again. I stepped into a glade similar to the one from my dream. The flowers had died and the ground was filled with dead grass, similar to hay.

     I had only been standing there for a minute when I looked up to see someone. He had dark skin and wore a jacket, but no shirt. And he had dreadlocks... Laurent.

     "Laurent?" I whispered and gulped. Surely he wouldn't try anything risky; he had warned us about the others last year.

     "Bella. I am surprised you are here. I...am looking for the Cullen's. You look so...tasty, by the way," he said quietly, licking his lips. Shit.

     "You...um...you helped us last time. You warned us about Victoria and James."

     "I came here as a favor to Victoria. Where is your Edward?" He smirked. Just then, Edward's ghostly apparition appeared next to me.

     "Lie," he whispered in my ear. I stuttered an excuse. "Lie better!" he hissed.

     "Why have you been left unprotected by the Cullen's? I thought you were their pet," he laughed evilly, bearing his teeth.

     "You can't be very important to them if they've left you vulnerable." Within a second, he was standing right in front of me and my breath hitched in my throat.

     "P-please. I'll do anything. Please don't h-hurt m-me," I pleaded. He stroked my cheek and I shivered.

     "Mm, Bella, you are just too mouth watering for me to resist."

     "Threaten him!" Edward's apparition whisper-yelled.

     "Edward will find you," I said strongly. He didn't believe me because he threw his head back and laughed. I knew I couldn't run; he would catch me for sure.

     "Don't worry. I'm being merciful , Bella. Victoria was going to kill you slowly and painfully. I'll kill you quickly," he whispered in my ear. Just my luck.

     "I love you, Edward," I whispered desperately. There will be my last words, so I might as well make them count.

     But something strange happened. Before Laurent could strike, he looked behind me and his eyes widened. He backed up several feet and I turned my head to see a big black wolf. Really?!

     Several other wolves joined him and they all ran rises Laurent, who dashed into the woods. But the last wolf caught my eye; he had russet fur and his eyes seemed familiar. I could see my reflection in them.

     Up ahead, Laurent thrusted the lead wolf back and a vicious battle ensued. And I ran.

//////////

     When I got back home, I ran up to the door and opened it, slamming it behind me. I ran into the kitchen to see Aubrey, Harry, and Charlie sitting around the table, laughing. They all looked up at me worriedly.

     "Bella, what's wrong?" Charlie's gruff voice asked.

     "I saw these huge...things, in the woods! The ones that have been attacking hikers. Dad, they're wolves!" I exclaimed, breathing hard.

     I bent over and braces my hands on my knees. Charlie had a worried expression on his face. Harry and Aubrey exchanged since kind of look, but I couldn't tell what it meant.

     "Harry, could you get some guys together from the reservation and we'll go hunting, I guess. I better go down to the station and file a report," he sighed. They both stood up.

     "Yeah, dad. You should do that!" I urged him. Anything to get him out of the house. What if Laurent came back? Aubrey could protect me. Or he could have gone and told Victoria that the Cullen's weren't here anymore. Aubrey couldn't fight both of them.
-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N: I made the picture above, so please, do not try to copy it. Thanks(: