Chapter Seven

As we approached the little wood frame house nestled near the woods, I heard voices. Embry was warning Bella not to stare at Sam's fiance and I could feel Sam stiffen.

     "Why would I stare?" she asked as we came up next to them. Embry and Jake stared at me, kind if glaring. The fiancee--I think Jared called her Emily--stepped out of the house and jogged down the steps.

     She was badly scarred on the right side of her face. She was still beautiful with with dark brown eyes and midnight hair. She was kind and relaxed, even with me there.

     "So, you're the vampire girl." Emily smirked. Bella blushed, but quickly bounced back.

     "So, you're the wolf girl." She smiled and Sam went to stand by Emily and I was kind of alone then.

     "Guess so. Who is this?" Emily gestured to me. Bella noticed me and grabbed my hand.

     "Emily, this is Aubrey. She is a cousin to the Cullen's," Sam said sternly. Everyone looked at me expectantly.

     "Uh, yeah, our families are super close. They moved to Alaska and my family followed them. Look, I'm not a threat to anyone. I only drink animal blood to survive and not very often. I and two of my siblings eat human food, which is surprising. We're the only vampires that can survive on blood and food. I'm here to protect Bella and trust me, she won't go anywhere without me. I made a promise. Sam and I have already agreed." I spoke quickly. I hated repeating myself.

     "Seriously?!" Jacob said angrily. His fists tightened at his sides and he looked between me and Bella. Bella nodded and squeezed my hand.

///////////

     So, now Bella knew about the wolves. Paul apologized to Bella with a tossed-off 'Sorry' before Bella and Jake walked outside. I didn't need to follow them; I knew I would be able to hear if anything went wrong.

     I sat awkwardly on the couch while the boys chowed down on some muffins Emily had made. She and Sam were kissing behind the counter. I furrowed my eyebrows and stared at the floor.

     "So, Aubrey, what's your story?" Embry asked betweens bites if his muffin. Everyone was silent as they turned to me. I looked up and raised my eyebrows.

     "What do you mean?"

     "I mean, what's up with your family? And you? If you're gonna be here every time Bella is here, we might as well get to know you," Jared laughed. Embry rolled his eyes and Emily laughed.

     "Well, I'm seventeen. I was born in 1815 in Millcreek Township, Pennsylvania. I was actually adopted by my now-father when I was five and he has already turned everyone in our family; my mom, my two brothers, and my two sisters. We were all raised from either birth or a very young age by Marcus and Nina.

     "I'm the only one that actually enjoys going to school. I've been on the cherishing teams at every school I've been to, except in Forks. I don't have time for it. Nina is from Massachusetts, Hayley is from Pennsylvania, Amara is from New Jersey, Ian was born in Philadelphia, Daniel is from Massachusetts, and Marcus is from Cheshire, England.

     "He's the oldest out of all of us. He was changed in 1702. He fell in love with Nina and they've always been doctors. They adopted my sisters as orphans; Amara was three and Hayley was two. When they were twenty-four, Nina changed them, at their request.

     "Um, in 1757, they adopted Ian. He was one. They changed him when he was twenty-seven because he was fatally sounded in a hunting accident. He's Amara's mate. In 1765, Nina delivered Daniel and his mother asked her to take him. He's Hayley's mate and he's twenty-four.

     "I was living at an orphanage when Marcus found me..." This part of my story for a lot of gasps from them, especially Emily.

     "Why on Earth were you in an orphanage?!" she exclaimed, coming to sit next to me.

     "My mom had several kids. I don't remember our dad or if we all even had the same dad. She married a new man and he told her to get rid of me my brother and me. He was four. She took us to separate homes... Marcus was giving free check-ups to us all. He discovered that I was malnourished and had no one. He adopted me and my siblings--who were already vampires--spoiled me and loved me. I finally had the family I wanted."

     I finished my story with a sigh and Emily rubbed my knee, smiling reassuringly. I suddenly felt something strange in my stomach, then in my throat.

     "Sorry, but do you have, like, a metal bowl?" I asked her quietly.

     She nodded and I walked into the kitchen. She followed and watched as I found the bowl and grabbed it, rushing to find the bathroom. Everyone whispered as I found it and threw up into the bowl. I gasped and my hand flew to my mouth.

     A silver liquid filled the bottom part of the bowl. What was going on? I dug in the cabinet for matches and when I found them, I lit the venom on fire. Did this mean I was pregnant?
-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N: I made the picture above, so please, don't try to copy it. Thanks(: