Chapter 1/Prologue

Disclaimer for whole book: I do not own any of the characters in this book those go to their respective parties Rick Riordan, Marvel, DC, etc. I also do not any apple products and music used in this. Do I look like Steve Jobs or  whoever owns Apple after he passed. Sadly, I am not a famous singer so I don't own anything except for the plot and my OCs.

Third Person POV:

Percy Jackson ran down the street towards Cafe Jupiter and Half Blood Books. It was a mostly sunny day in New York. Everyone had somewhere to be and was moving quickly. He had a short two minute and thirty second window to make it to his street corner before the position would be given to someone else. Right now he needed to make it. He clutched his black guitar case tighter before sprinting the rest of the way, which hurt a lot.

At the corner a girl with spiky black hair comes out to move the wooden stool back inside. Percy makes it to her before she is fully in the doorway. "Stop! Thalia I'm not late!" He cried out panting from where he stood.

"By my watch you're exactly 2 seconds late." She stated. "Maybe I'll let it slip this one time. You know since you work for us and all that." She moved and put the stool back where it was. Before walking back towards the front entrance. "Don't be late next time." Thalia called over her shoulder.

Percy smiled before he set the guitar case on the stool and pulled out the instrument. Yes he plays music on street corners for extra money. Not a lot of places would hire someone who got kicked out of every school he had attended or stole a police car. That was a story for another time though. When he finished setting up Percy sat on the stool and set the guitar case on the ground open hoping someone would drop some money in it. Maybe he could pull off the starving artist thing like Rachel, yeah that's not happening. Percy strummed a few chords before launching into his first song. It may have been a recent pop song but, Thalia didn't really care. Unless he played music that drove customers away, then she would not be happy.

After the song ended some people start clapping as they walked by. Some even dropped cash. He smiled before checking the case to see that there was twenty-three dollars. He was about to start another song when something caught his eye, an older gentlemen (maybe sixty or so). Wearing tan slacks and a gray jacket with a light blue button up collar shirt. He looks like he could be someone's grandpa. Except for the fact that he's got some kind of rage face going on.

But that's not even what caught his eye, it was the fact that the man is carrying a black hand gun and is heading towards two people. A teenager looking to be about 16 wearing a black t-shirt with red superman logo with jeans while the man was wearing a navy blue dress jacket with matching slacks, a white collared shirt, and a red and black striped tie. Percy recognizes them as Clark Kent and his brother Conner Kent.

So, when the man gets into a firing stance and clicks the safety off Percy knows something is about to go down. He doesn't even remember putting the guitar away, next thing he knows there's a tug in his gut and he's running faster than he's dared to try. Something happened in a car accident seven years ago and now he's got powers. Percy decided to call it shifting because it felt like some different part of his brain just clicked into place. Let's not forget the fact that his eyes turn different colors. Percy registered the sound of the gun discharging and sped up. He could see the bullet heading towards Conner, and made a split second decision. He decided to tackle the teen to the ground and not get hit at the same time. The first part of the planned worked and Conner was pushed out of the way. Percy thought he was safely out of harm's way when Ow! Schist! Holy Hera! entered his mind in a flurry of thoughts as he felt his shoulder was being teared apart. He fell to the ground in pain. He thought he saw someone standing above him but he really couldn't tell since he was in so much pain. He could hear someone talking to him but it felt as if they were underwater and muffled. Then another person put pressure on the wound and Percy blacked out.

Well that seems like a good place to stop today. 

Review

Fight Monsters

Save the World

Comment

Bye-Bye! Lilith NightShade signing out