Chapter 6

Sorry it's late! My draft got deleted and I had to start from scratch. Anyway here it is. Enjoy! 

Third Person POV:  

The mission was supposed to be a simple one. There was a fire to a hotel, and the league was too busy to take care of it. So, they had sent the Alpha Team to clean it up. Nightwing knew there was something else to this, but the Justice League wasn't talking.

The mission had gone well so far. Aqualad was putting out the fires, while the rest of the team was helping by getting guests and staff out. So, of course something had to go wrong. Nightwing was running through the smoke to check the upper level floors when he heard laughter coming from one of the extra rooms.

He entered the room. It probably would be turned into a deck and lounge room. The ceiling was was a pale blue with in engravings in another language. One of the walls was made of glass, they were about twenty stories up, if you were to fall through that you were dead on impact. Some tables were set up against the right wall, the middle of the room was empty. The room was breathtaking beautiful there was something wrong with it. The smell hit him first it was obviously bleach. The dark oak wood had a giant white spot like someone had taken the color right out of the floor. Something was happening or had happened here.

This something turned out to be the Joker. And when there was the Joker, Harley just had to be involved. Then again this was all probably her fault seeing as she was the one holding the giant flamethrower. Joker then smiled at Nightwing and Harley aimed and spread fire all around the room.

If that wasn't enough you had to also had to avoid pies that Joker was throwing at you while he was shooting you. It was enough to drive anyone Batty.

He remembered telling the team to get out. The fire had weakened the supports and they had less than ten minutes to get out before the whole building collapsed. That was when he took off his eye off Joker. Who took the chance to properly aim and shot Nightwing right in the side.

Nightwing fell to the ground clutching his side. The bullet had gone right through where the layers of Kevlar weren't there. Blood immediately start pouring out.

"Aww. Did the little birdie get a boo boo?" The Joker asked making his way around the partly demolished room. "Okay, I need you to answer some questions for Uncle J." He was suddenly standing on top of the eldest Robin, holding his crowbar, smiling creepily like he just figured out who Batman was. "Harley, be a dear and keep our guests busy. I suggest you start with the little kids that we have in the ballroom."

"Alrighty, Mister J!" Harley then skipped out of the room, leaving the hero alone with the Joker.

"Tell me which hurts more, A" Joker slammed his crowbar into his side, "or B." He changed his grip and hit Nightwing again. "Front Hand." He slapped him. "Or Backhand." This continued for a while, he refused to cry out and Joker laughing maniacally. Then, his saving grace came. The Joker got a phone call.

~Dude Looks like a Lady~

 The Joker was so surprised he let out a girlish shriek and dropped the crowbar. It clanged harmlessly on the ground, while Joker scrambled for his phone. It had purple case with a Joker chibi on it. He answered it his face showing panic.

"Listen Luthor, I promise he's not dead. I know I was supposed to kill him in front of the Bats. I got a little carried away. Please don't hurt me, I'll try harder, just please." Joker was practically begging at this point. Imagine his surprise when it was a young male voice that came through the phone yet.