Chapter 10

Okay I know it's been a while but I will never abandon any of my stories. Never ever ever, I may take long hiatuses or stop writing but these stories will never be abandoned. Also congrats we officially made it to double digit chapters! 

"Hi!" This is talking

"Look out he's got a gun!" Is talking through a mind link

'This is just thinking'

~Because I don't trust Google Translate ~ this is a different language

"So, what can I do for you?" Percy asked leaning forward. He smirked when he saw that Batman wasn't usually prepared for 'criminals' to talk so openly. "Please call me Percy. Perseus is to much of a mouthful." He added.

"You are responsible for the sudden cyber attack on Lex Corps, the one that almost wiped all of their servers clean, correct?" Batman asked laying out a paper for evidence. Percy looked over the spreadsheet closely. It showed what had gone missing and what said files being missing would cause in damages and dangers. He felt his eyes widening in shock as he looked it over. Wow the latest raid really had done a lot. Some of the information was fake though, almost as it had been imputed manually. Percy almost burst out laughing when he realized it was a message that had been left for the company.

Thalia did tend to get competitive on raids seeing who could get to the information and get out first it without getting caught. This time she had left a comment on how their security sucked and that she was all powerful. Though it was fun when they were all on the same target even though Annabeth usually always won. Apparently he had missed a big one last night.

"Sorry," Percy grinned. "But you've got the wrong person. I admit I've hacked Luthor before, but this isn't me." He slid the paper back to Batman. "Besides this was taken last night and sadly I was here." He leaned back in his very uncomfortable chair.

"You know who did it though?" The bat continued.

"Of course I do. I've worked with them before." Yeah almost everyday on every hack I've ever done, but they don't need to know that. He felt a slight pressure brush against his mind and instinctively his metal shields slammed up closing off whoever was trying to access his thoughts. He tensed to see Batman staring at him almost expectantly. 'He was the distraction, so they could have their resident telepath break into my head. Well it takes two players to make it a game.'

He looked up through what he assumed was a cliché one way mirror. Figuring he could take a small risk and shift. He sensed at least five behind the glass. He looked at Batman again, Percy needed to keep this conversation going if he wasn't going to get caught. "And do you expect me to tell you who this person is? I mean you obviously would know that I didn't do this raid. Unless you think I'll work with you to take down this hacker." He continued lightly tapping Dick's mind to get his attention, a brief apology for the irritation, and he explained his plan.

"That's exactly what I think you'll do."

"Oh yeah? Why exactly would I sell him or her out?"

"Be careful." Was the warning he received. "M'gann will either break down or lash out. Don't scar her, just enough that she'll stay out of your head. Just a warning that's all."

"I assume you don't want to go to prison Perseus."

"Again it's just Percy, and are you threatening to throw me in prison?" The teen responded sarcastically. He felt another tendril of sorts reach out a brush his surface thoughts again. It seemed hesitant and Percy was almost sorry for what he did next.

"That's up to your actions."

As soon as the tendril tried to push into his mind he seized it and used as a tether of sorts to get into the Martian's psyche. She immediately fought back and Percy subconsciously grit his teeth as she tried to pull back. Using it as an opening he went to create a thought link when he was pulled into what looked like a neutral ground that he assumed the two minds created as a battle ground in case things escalated. It seemed like a small training room with gray walls and floors. They had almost a hive pattern on them. On opposite sides there were exits presumingly those were the 'doors' to each other's psyches.

Percy was surprised when he formed with a dark green cloak that went down to his thighs and a hood. He had his sword in the sheath on his back. Apparently this place was used for fighting. He looked over to finally get a good view of the Martian. She had a small red cloak like his and he could see her face. She had short red hair and green skin, while her eyes glowed an almost blinding green.

He suddenly ducked as one of the pieces on the wall flew at him. "Hey!" He cried out as he rolled over as the floor piece started to rise. "That almost hit me!" The woman seemed taken aback slightly as he didn't fight back. "I just want to talk! So if you could just stop, that would be great." He told her.

"You should have said that before you started attacking me." She told him as she made a motion with her hands and Percy had to jump as his platform rose quickly and a ceiling one quickly collided in the middle. 'Screw diplomacy. She's not going to stop attacking until she subdues me.'

'Well if this is in my (our?) head then I can bend the rules a little bit.' He decided and to the surprise of his opponent a whip of water came and slammed her against the wall. "Sorry!" He called out to her. She just glared at him and came zooming towards him. 'Okay, she can fly.' Percy thought as she lifted him off the ground. "Wait. What do you mean I attacked you first? You started throwing floor and wall panels at me." He tried to explain.

"You pulled me here did you not?" She asked confused. "And you attempted to break into my psyche." Her grip loosened and he dropped to the ground. Rolling to a stand he gave the universal sign of surrender putting both hands up.

He tried to explain. "I actually didn't pull you here. Hades, I don't actually know where here is. Besides I was trying to establish a thought link thingy. That way your boss man wouldn't know what we were saying and so I could kindly ask you not to invade my mind." That seemed to shock her slightly and she lowered herself to the ground. He lowered his hood and she did the same.

"Hi. I'm Percy and I have no plans to try and take over the world. So, can you just try not to kill me? It would be appreciated." 

And End 10....

I'll see you next time

Bye!