Chapter 8

So hi. Here is the next chapter. It's been a while and I don't really have a good excuse. So, I'm just going to leave this here and start working on the next one. Yeah...bye. *Runs out of room*

Third Person POV:

"I'll just be leaving now." Percy said standing up. "Do you think I could make it to the zeta tubes?"

"Do I even want to know, how you know that?" Nightwing asked.

"Probably not. So... yes, no, maybe so?"

"No. The cave's on lockdown you wouldn't make it down the hallway."

"Wanna bet..."

"No!"

"Fine." Percy pouted before he smirked. "I'm just going to run for it."

"That is the most-"

"Stupid, reckless, impulsive idea ever?"

"Yes!"

"That's exactly why it'll work! They'll expect a tactical attack, so if I just run for it I'll-"

"Die, caught, or get pounded into the ground by superheros." Grayson stated raising an eyebrow.

"Yes! Wait, no. You're just being a pessimist right now." He stopped to stick his tongue out at Dick before he smiled evilly. "But, it will work because you're going to help me."

"Fine, but we do it my way."

Line Break of Sorts

The alarms had quieted by the time Nightwing rolled into the main room with Kaldur pushing him. He was confined to a wheelchair for a at least two days. That didn't mean he couldn't complain about it.

"I still don't see the point." He most certainly did not whine at all.

"You have been injured greatly, my friend. Black Canary just wants you to get better." Kaldur replied.

The rest of the team was watching Superboy face off against Batgirl. Nightwing smirked when he saw Babs flip out of the way of one his wild punches. When Connor swung again she jumped up and grabbed his shoulders flipping as she did so. Batgirl landed with her feet on his back and gave a shove with her feet doing a double backflip and landing with her arms in the air as if she had just finished a gymnastics routine.

It got even better when Superboy fell forward to the ground and the computer announced Superboy Fail. Nightwing grinned and started clapping his hands together and quickly gathered the attention of the rest of the room. "Congrats Con. You lasted longer against her this time. By, roughly 10 seconds." He stated.

"Hey lover boy. You could show them how it's done and fight me." Batgirl smiled.

"You know I would love to but, I'm currently confined to a wheelchair. I'm probably also under strict orders to not fight and injure myself more." Nightwing replied gesturing to the torture contraption he was stuck in. The team looked to Kaldur for confirmation, and he started to explain.

"It appears that Nightwing was more injured than originally thought in our battle against Joker. He has, from the medical examination a fractured tibia in his left leg and damaged most of ribs in the fight against Joker." Kaldur explained. "Though it was more like a beat down." He added lowly.

"There was no mention that Joker was behind the attack." Robin stated. "So, how would you know that?" Panic briefly flashed across Kaldur's face before he answered slowly.

"Nightwing told me when I asked him to debrief me on what happened." He replied slowly.

"I don't believe you. I don't even think you are Aqualad." Tim stated glaring. Everyone in the room froze, well almost everyone. Not-Kaldur looked down at Nightwing.

"I told you your genius brother would figure it out." The imposter stated simply, everyone jumped at the obvious voice change, before reaching up and pulling what looked like a microchip from his the back of his neck. The change took place immediately afterwards. Instead of Kaldur there was an unknown teen standing in the room. He had short black hair and sea green eyes, and was wearing a dark blue hoodie with jeans. The teen smiled awkwardly and didn't have an 'I'm going to try and attack you because I'm evil and all that jazz' vibe but you could never be to sure. "So, what gave it away?" He asked rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. The team did not miss the inhibitor collar either, the three bars glowing brightly showing that it was still active.

"Aqualad is taller than you and has a larger stride. Also, you would not debrief only a single member of the team." Tim replied stoically.

Connor didn't hesitate to slam the kid into a wall. "What did you do to Kaldur?" He growled out.

"Woah! Woah! Calm down big guy! I didn't do anything to him. He is still in the med bay recovering. I was planning to be long gone by the time he woke up." The teen quickly explained. Connor reluctantly dropped him, and stepped back. "I believe introductions are in order I'm Percy Jackson." He added.

"He's the boy we brought in earlier." Artemis added not helping his case at all.

"Technically you kidnapped me." Percy pointed out.

"Why did you show up at the building anyway?" Tim questioned. "I mean it's not your city. You live in New York now."

"Wow. I give you my name and five seconds later you know everything about me." Percy paused before continuing. "I was helping a friend out. He was getting beat up and I decided to step in. Which is how I knew about the Joker."

"And you're just willingly giving us this information? I don't buy that." Artemis stated accusingly.

"You know I came to the conclusion, with a little help, that maybe fighting my way out of here wouldn't be in my best interests." A quick glance at Nightwing and he continued. "So, instead I'm willing to help you."

"I still don't trust you." Artemis stated anyway before standing up and walking closer to Percy before she shoved the metal point of an arrow right above his inhibitor collar. "If I find out that you're working with them or this is some trap I will personally hunt you down." She threatened before removing the arrow and his collar. Percy slowly started to walk towards the kitchen before a crossbow was jabbed into his back. "We are not having a little get together in the kitchen. You are still a criminal in my eyes and I will treat you as such." She directed him back towards the interrogation room.

"What happened to innocent until proven guilty?" Percy asked.

"Move it Jackson. Or I will not hesitate to fire this arrow into your back."

"Geez, lady you are really something else." He stated as he was forced into the room and zipped tied (again!) to a table. Well this was about to get interesting.

"Here." Artemis set a rubix cube on the table. "This should keep you occupied until the Justice League arrives. They'll be the ones to question you." Then she walked out and shut the door with a final click that echoed throughout the boring room. Percy only had one thought, this plan had gone to Hades in a handbasket.

And that's the end of Chapter 8

Lilith NightShade signing out.

Fight Monsters

Save the world

And most importantly...

Stay Asterous