Chapter 10

Kira begins to wake up as she heard her parents yelling downstairs for her to leave for school. Damn it! Kira realized that she over slept and that she is going to be late for school! She rushed to the bathroom to freshen up and did her makeup in the span of 10 minutes. Kira immediately went over to her closet to pick out an outfit to wear and then grabs her belt and puts it on. School starts in 5 minutes and Kira lives about 15 minutes from school. She knows she's going to be late. After rushing downstairs to grab something to eat real quick, she checks on her phone to see a message from Stiles. *Kira we need to talk asap* Kira wonders why it needed to be urgent. *Uh sure, what's the matter?* After a few seconds, Stiles replies. *I'll tell you everything later but why aren't you in first period? You okay?* Kira snapped as she realized she kind of forgot about being late as she was patiently eating her breakfast. *Crap! I forgot about being late to school! I over slept but I'm leaving now.* Kira finishes eating her last bite of her toast and went straight out the door to her car and left. 

She was about 30 minutes late to class. After running really fast to the double doors, Kira busted through the doors and entered the classroom. She was catching her breathe as the teacher points to her desk to sit down. Embarrassed, Kira quietly walks to her desk and puts her head down. Scott was sitting in front of her and he turns around to see her head down. "You okay?" He whispers so that the teacher wouldn't hear him. Kira doesn't answer. Scott was getting worried so he tap her arm to wake her up. "W-what?" Kira mumbles as she lifted her head up and her hair was all over her face. Scott chuckles as he brushes the hair away from her face "Sleeping again? I asked if you were alright since you were late" Kira sighs and rest her head on her arm while looking at Scott. "I'm fine, didn't really slept well last night but isn't that every night.." Scott felt sorry for her because she is always having a hard time sleeping so he asked her if she would want him to sleep with her so that she can possibly sleep better. "Is your mom okay with that?" "Better question, are your parents okay with that?" Scott smiles while looking at a  very tired Kira. "Or you can just sneak through my window and don't mention it to my parents" Kira suggested, knowing her mother will not be happy with Kira sleeping with a boy. Even if it's Scott. "Let's just hope that I won't get caught by them" Scott winks and turns around as soon as the teacher starts to lecture again. 

After class just as Kira was packing her stuff for the next class, Stiles walks to her. "How you doing?" Kira was caught off guard because she didn't notice him until now when she got here earlier. "Oh god you scared me. Uhm yeah other than the fact that I'm still getting lack of sleep, I'm great.." Kira said sarcastically. "Anything weird happen lately? You know with the kitsune stuff?" Stiles leans closer to her and whispers so that no one would hear them talking about the supernatural. "Not that I know of, why?" Kira finished packing and faced Stiles as he answers her. It looked like he was about to say something but doesn't. "Nothing, just checking up on you that's all. Well I'll see you at lunch" Stiles left before she could even respond. What was that all about?  During lunch, everyone grabbed their trays over to the table and everybody was present but Liam. "Where's Liam?" Lydia was the first to noticed. "He told me he has some business to take care of today" Stiles says as he was munching on his chips. "Liam has business to take care of?  Well alright then" Lydia continued to eat her salad but then she noticed how tired Kira looked today. "You doing okay Kira?" She looks over at her while Kira is slowly mixing her salad. "Just tired..but I'm holding up." Kira gave Lydia a slight smile and continues to mix her food. After lunch Kira walks to her locker and then sees Malia walking over to her. "You got anything yet?" Kira starts to put textbooks in her locker. Malia realized that Kira was talking about the book. "Had a few memories but nothing serious." Kira knows Malia is lying because why would Dr. Vallack make a huge deal about reading a book that will help us remember lost memories that we need to know? Every memory will mean something. It's got to  be serious. "You know you can tell me anything right?" Kira turns to look at Malia. Malia can tell that Kira noticed. She gives up on hiding because Kira is her best friend, she can't hide things from her. "I'll tell you after school okay? But don't say a word about it to anyone." "What about Lydia? I mean if you tell me, you're going to have to tell her. We don't keep secrets from each other." Malia sighs. "I know, I asked her to come with us earlier." Kira nods and then they both part ways as the bell rang.