Chapter 15

"Scott, I didn't think I could tell you this in person so that's why I've decided to write a letter for you. First of all, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I can't stay by your side and fight. I just can't risk hurting anyone that I deeply care about. I've been thinking for weeks about what's going on with me and I still haven't figured it out. All the night terrors that I remember terrified me every single day since it started. I thought maybe it wasn't going to happen and that it's just dreams but then the day I hurt you made me realize that it wasn't just a dream. I know when I asked you about my aura that you didn't tell me the truth. I just wonder why you did that...Things could've been better if you were to tell me the truth instead of me figuring it out like this. I guess foxes and wolves don't really get along. But that won't stop me from loving you, Scott. We can talk about that later but I will be gone for a while. I don't know when I'm going to come back but once I've figure how to control myself, I'll be back to the pack and especially to you. Please don't try to find me. I really need some time to myself. I'll be fine so don't worry about me. I love you Scott. I promise to come back to you." Scott puts the letter on Kira's bed and bury his head on his heads. 

Kira was in the car with her parents, leaning her head against the window. "I hope this was a good idea." Kira's mom turned her head around to see her daughter looking so depressed. "Baby, we will come back, don't worry." She smiled at her and Kira gave her a slight smile back. They decided to go to New Mexico to handle this situation. Kira looks down at her phone, wondering if she should text Scott but decided not to. 

It's been one week since Kira left and Scott feels so vulnerable at this point. He needs her by his side but she isn't. Scott hasn't receive any text messages or calls from her and he, as always, is starting to get worried. Scott decides to go to Lydia's house for advice. "How can I make this better?" he asks as soon as he got there. "I don't know what you're talking about" Lydia was confused. "Kira and I. How can I fix this?" Lydia nods in realization. "Well, for starters, give her space. The girl has a lot on her mind right now Scott." "I know that. Of course I would. But I'm asking about how can I make it up to her because I lied to her in the past and she knew I was lying. I don't want her to think I don't trust her and vice versa." Lydia was surprised. "You lied to her about what?" "Her aura...." Scott said softly, with guilt. "Scott..why? She's been believing that nothing was wrong with her because you told her that her aura was okay." Lydia tone had a little bit of anger but mostly curious. "I didn't want her to worry! I was scared. I didn't know how to help if I were to tell her the truth." Lydia puts her hand on his back. "It's always best to let them know than for them to figure it out the hard way." Scott nods slightly. "When our Kira comes back, talk to her about it. Just wait a little bit okay?" Scott doesn't want to wait but he has no choice. Kira asked him to give her some time alone and he will do that. He just wished, he could fix this. 

Kira, on the other hand, was dealing with her own stuff. She had been focused on taming the fox inside her but nothing is working so far. "Mom...is this even going to work?" Kira was worn out from sword fighting with her mom for the past 2 hours. "Kira, give it some time. I'm trying to figure this out." "Kira c'mon, gather all your strength and fight." Kira sighs and then gets into her stance. Once she did that, they both heard something...or someone. "Mom do you hear that?" Kira's mom looks confused. They were the only ones in the desert. Who could that be? "Shhh, Kira get by me now" The sounds get closer and closer to them. " It sounds like....oh no.." Kira's mom looks surprised when she sees a group of people running towards them. "Skinwalkers...Kira defend yourself!" "What? What are Skinwalkers?" "More like who" The Skinwalkers was face to face with them. "Who are you people who invaded our land?" Kira thought to herself, well this isn't good..

Meanwhile in Stiles house, he is looking up something to learn more about Kira's problem. He also feels bad not that one time when he was about to tell her something that she needs to know. Stiles has been researching ever since. "Skinwalkers?" Stiles said as he was looking at the computer screen. He spent the next 2 hours reading more into it. What stiles found surprising that one time before about Kira was that, if she doesn't tame the fox in time, it will be inside her forever. Meaning, she won't be able to control herself at times like when she almost killed Scott. The fox will strive to kill when her conscious self won't notice. "I need to let Kira know" 

"Mom!" Kira yells as they are fighting the Skinwalkers.