By the Seams of Your Skin

Have you ever felt like the seams at your skin are going to burst at any second? With the physical state you were in, these so-called seams at your skin threatened to burst at any time. It had been quite a long time since you had ran so hard. It had been a long time since you had ran at all. With a heavy chest, your bare feet slid to a stop as you came to the door that would lead to the lower regions, the dungeons, of the school.

For once, the hallways were still and silent. Why wouldn't it be? The entire school was locked up in the ballroom by now. You silently wished that the Professor Stein was imprisoned with the rest of them. He was intelligent- Too intelligent for your own good. You believed that he knew who, well . . . rather what you were for longer than he allowed you to even think that he was suspicious. And that was terrifying. What else does he know? What else has he figured out?

Your fingers came to grip your face, pulling at the skin as you staggered back from the door slightly- Your breath heavy. Does he know about your past? Does he know that -

"There is no time for you to panic about what might be known, dear~" It cooed, letting it's fingers, that of which were long and spindle-like, "We have much work for you to do!" It cooed, adjusting the purple floppy hat that sat on it's head, though the lining of the hat flopped over his eyes so that the red, bloodshot, orbs could not be seen, "Now lets prepare you, shall we? You can't fight without my aide, can you? You've never been able to, anyways! So lets prepare you for an exciting battle! With my help, you can come out of battles as the winner each time!" It exclaimed, letting it's other hand come to rest on the only shoulder it wasn't touching so that both of it's hand were on each of your shoulders, "Now . . ." It leaned down to whisper into your ear, fingers digging into your skin.

And the familiar feeling of strings began to stitch itself into the seams of your skin.