Doctor, My Eyes!

Dull eyes stare into each others; one shows indifference and the others exhibits not one trace of life. Dull eyes to lifeless eyes. To the man, it's almost like looking in a mirror. Sometimes, when he wakes up in the middle of the night from a bad dream and to wash his face with water, the first glimpse of his eyes he receives is a glimpse in which his eyes are lifeless and dead. However, there's a difference between his eyes and those eyes. His eyes spark back to life; those eyes remain dead. There's a difference between him and it. His flesh sears red hot with life; that flesh is cold to the touch.

"Is that -" Spirit begins to say, but Stein cuts off his partner.

"Not in the slightest. The creature you're seeing in front of you is not who you think it is; that's no more than a lifeless dummy"

And despite hesitation from Spirit, Stein doesn't miss a beat; the first move is made.

Outside, Justin Law stood dutifully at the door - his head resting against the wall next to the door to the nurse's office. Inside sat two former acquaintances. Now, it had not been too terribly long since the two had last saw each other or last held a conversation, however given the circumstances and how drastically time seemed to fly by, it was like an ocean had separated the two.

Not to say that they were too terribly close to begin with, of course.

It was simply to say that the two were practically strangers.

Doctor Stein studied the woman in front of him with a careful eye. She had changed so much in the short amount of time that had passed. Her skin was sunken in slightly and she seemed to drag her feet; she was no longer holding her chin up as highly as she used to. Even her continuous sour expression had fallen into nothing but tiredness. If he didn't know any better, he would have said it had been nine, long, years since they had last seen each other. However, he did know better.

There was an elephant in the room, that much was for sure; the last moment you remembered spending was him was when you had slipped from his grasp at the dance to putter off to complete your traitorous actions. 

The last moment he remembered seeing you was far different than your recollection, of course. The gap in your memory was filled with his own memories of battle. 

"I see Justin has been assigned to you. That's an interesting match, you know. Truthfully, I hypothesize that Lord Death is trying to play matchmaker. I'm sure you're fully aware that not only is Justin dubbed the Academy's Executioner, but he's the youngest Death Scythe to graduate the Academy. Not only is he still the youngest Death Scythe in our known history, but he wields himself. Self-operated, if you will; he's never had a partner. Because of the fact that he's never had a partner, he's always been isolated. There's more backstory to his family and so on, but to put it shortly - Justin leads a very isolated life. He always has. He's never had a friend and though he considers Lord Death a friend, Lord Death knows that there is a difference between a boss and a friend. Because of this, I have concluded that Lord Death is trying to play matchmaker with you and Justin Law" There was a pause of silence in which you didn't respond but simply diverted your gaze to the side. Stein clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth,  "As you can see, I have momentarily filled in the spot of the school nurse until Nygus comes back from Romania with Sid" Said The Doctor, striking up a bit of small talk, "But that's not what the elephant in the room is, is it? I can feel the fear imitating from your soul; you're scared that you're going to face reprehension from me, as I promised" Bluntly stated the man.