Room 432

My eyes were wide open as the sun was peeking through my curtains. My alarm clock started to buzz as the numbers 7:30 am blinked. I was too excited to fall asleep. It was the first day of summer break and this year my summers going to mean something. I'm flying out to LA to spend the summer with my aunt Kacey. Yeah, I know what you're thinking... Oh my gosh your aunt kacey, wow (sarcastic). But think about it,  her apartments by the beach, and beaches usually consist of hot guys. But I'm probably going to come back as single as a pringle... with a tan. I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth and hair. I made my way to the kitchen to grab a quick meal. I put a bagel in the toaster. I walked towards the couch in the living room to find my roommate Amanda sleeping on it. The toaster went off and her eyes shot open. I started to laugh at her reaction. She playfully slapped my knee as she was still lying down on the couch. "Hey you gotta get up, my flights in couple hours and you're my ride. If I miss the sun, sand and boys in gonna be really annoyed " I said. "On the bright side of you do miss your flight you can stay here with me and the lake that's only a five hour drive" she replied sarcastically. "Thanks, but no thanks" I say as I grab the car keys and toss them to her as she makes a one hand catch and smirks. I laugh as I grab my bagel and luggage and start to exit the apartment I shared with Amanda.
*At the Airport*
      I start to unload my luggage out of the trunk. "Hey Rachel, I'm really gonna miss you. I know it's only two months but that's 8 weeks to long." She says as she opens her arms for a hug. A smile appears on my face as I gladly take the offer for her hug. My decisions start to replay in my head. Should I still leave I ask my self, Amanda's my best friend how could I just leave her. But I needed a break. My freshman year of college is in a couple months and I need a relaxing break in a different environment. "I'm going to miss you" I say as I and the hug " I'll see you in a couple months. Love you" she replies. "love you more" I say as I smile and enter the airport building.
*Los Angeles*
      The plane ride was only a couple of hours. I get my luggage and start to leave the airport as I feel a warm breeze against my skin while I wait for my über. The über arrived and dropped me off at my aunts apartment building. I enter the building and check my texts messages with my aunt to see which apartment room she owns. "Room 432" I say as I read the text message. I enter the elevator and press floor 4. I spot the room and knock on the door with a smile on my face. It takes a while for her to answer. The door finally opens and the smile on my face fades to realize that the person in the doorway wasn't my aunt. It was a very attractive boy a little taller than me. He had hazel eyes and wavy brown locks, a sharp jawline and dot by his cheek. The boy gives me a confused look. "I um, is um Kacey here" I ask " No Kacey here, sorry." He replied. I mumble to myself " I thought so" my aunt lived in an apartment by her self. I double check our text messages to scroll down a little a realize it was a typo. It says "room *542, sorry typo". "Thanks" I say as the boy nods. That was so embarrassing, the boy was so attractive and I just made a fool of myself. I grab my luggage and walk towards the elevator in the hallway as I hear the echo of his door close.